cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I sell on ebay?

razorbackduckstamp
Adventurer

Haven't really ever sold much on Ebay but just recently started. Had a few sales of the same product go off without a hitch but the Ebay Fees wipe away any profit. Now I'm dealing with what I presume is a scammer and I'm about to get scammed the good ole Ebay way with a return. 

Sold an item BNIB and shipped out. Buyer claims the item isn't new, which it is, and ask for refund. I debate with him that the product is brand new and can provide proof. He's having none of that and just wants a refund. Well as you guessed it Ebay forces you to initiate a return. Here's my issue what happens if the guy just sends me **bleep** back and not the original product? Is there any recourse? I have a feeling he's a scam buyer and has either taken the product out of the boxes and will replace with something fake or has switched out some defective product with my new product. 

Either way I just don't understand that Ebay allows this to small sellers. If you are selling high dollar items you can't take being scammed even once. 

For those reasons I wont be using Ebay to buy or sell ever again. This place has become scammer heaven.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why did I sell on ebay?

Depending on the cost of the item, you decide whether it is wise to start a small claims court case, in the jusrisdiction of the buyer. When the scammer does not show up you win the case by default  and they have a collection agency after them and ding their credit. Or, they show up and you win the case. You do not allow people to commit crimes here.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Why did I sell on ebay?

You also file police reports and Internet crime reports with the FBI. WEBSITE IS IC3.9

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Why did I sell on ebay?

SORRY it’s IC3.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply