cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Maltese silver tea set

Was wondering if anybody could tell me about this tea set. Was listed as Maltese but since Maltese silver is so rare, I know nothing about it.  The tray is German. Here are a few photos...thanks. Maltese_Partial_Tea_Service_together_with_a_German_Tray_Storck_&_Sinsheimer354_001.jpgMaltese_Partial_Tea_Service_together_with_a_German_Tray_Storck_&_Sinsheimer354_021.jpgMaltese_Partial_Tea_Service_together_with_a_German_Tray_Storck_&_Sinsheimer354_022.jpgMaltese_Partial_Tea_Service_together_with_a_German_Tray_Storck_&_Sinsheimer354_029.jpgH

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

fidbald_3-1704394333728.jpeg

from Tardy, poinçons d'argent

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you very much for that. I am trying to figure out which mark that is and I did decipher a hand on the left side of the symbol. After seeing this I am pretty sure it is Maltese. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

certainly Maltese. problem is that there were - at least - three systems of marks side-by-side. the main ones were the French, the Italian and the Spanish due to the different nations that were part of the fighting orders (Hospitallers etc.) that had their own houses. same in Jerusalem where you still see the different quarters (maison de France etc.).

furthermore not all include the Maltese cross.

and interesting for you perhaps - there were also German marks, probably brought in from the Teutonic Order.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply