cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay shipping estimates are flawed

I have a 3 day handling time on my items now and went from priority mail to parcel post. from chicago to 90210 ebay says item will arrive march 16-20 thats 7 days or under!!!!  I should have up to 10-11 days. no freaking wonder why my late shipping rates went sky high!!!!! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: ebay shipping estimates are flawed

If I'm not mistaken, eBay looks at your shipping time history (as well as your Handling Time) to arrive at the listing's EDD. (If I'm wrong, another poster will hopefully correct me.) I would think that it wouldn't cause damage to your Metrics, though, if you just keep up the good work... am I wrong?

ETA: I have 3-day Handling, and an order placed today (and shipping tomorrow) has the listing's EDD as 3/16 to 3/21. It's going to Hawaii, but I'm cool with that. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

well here's the issue i ship through usps and its **bleep** its all slowed down around chicago.  so to protect myself i went from priority to parcel and 2 to 3 days handling to make a more realistic expecation of delivery for the buyer.  i called ebay and of course overseas call and they told me that they want the buyer to get the item as fast as they can i get that but the estimates are off by 1-3 days.  I really don't trust ebay these days seeing that these metrics are crap to begin with.  my biggest issue is usps i cant leave them for ups because i would go bankrupt with those prices.  something has to be done with the shipping metric. i ship everything priority anyways but it takes forever.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

yes, eBay shows the buyers unrealistic delivery expectations.

eBay goes by our "historical shipping data".   Only thing that a longer handling time does for us is to keep us from getting a ding on out seller metrics if we do take longer to get the item moving for some reason.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply