cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with Fedex?Cost adjustment

Today I received a notification about three parcels where Fedex has recalculated the cost.

The weight of my parcel was LESS than what I initially indicated and paid for. And Fedex charged me double the cost. 

I always specifically indicate not 3.2 lb, but 4, not 5.1 lb, but 6. Because eBay asks for it. The same i do for dimensions - not 1.2 inch, but 2 etc. 

I began to figure out what caused the shipping cost to double, because the dimensions were indicated correctly. I am providing you with screenshots showing what the additional charge was for. But can someone explain to me why they arose? Why do I indicate the correct sizes (and always with a margin), as Ebay asks, the client's address is known, and I receive double the shipping cost after the fact? Is your delivery calculator broken? This is destroying my business

photo_2024-03-27_08-56-20.jpgphoto_2024-03-27_08-56-16.jpgphoto_2024-03-27_08-56-02.jpg

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: What's wrong with Fedex?Cost adjustment

I just got off the phone with eBay customer service and they're aware of this issue happening again. She was able to see instantly that my account was flagged as "affected" by this issue and said that refunds should be issued within 5 days. We'll see if refunds come to fruition, it seems some people haven't been refunded yet for the other instance of this happening a week ago.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

I just called eBay Customer service, they asked for the item numbers of the effected labels and added them to some list to be reviewed by eBay to verify the overcharged amounts by FedEx. Said if/ when approved, a refund will be issued in 5-14 business days. We shall see

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Follow up to my post last night about calling Customer Service. I received my refund this morning, less than 12 hours after calling. I recommend everyone experiencing issues of the overcharging by FedEx to call eBay customer service.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I haven't received mine yet but there's now this notice which can be found on the "Track and manage your shipments" page by clicking the carrier name under the "Shipment details / Cost" field.

Screenshot from 2024-04-05 13-23-06.png

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

eBay posted this problem one week ago, yet I still got overcharged yesterday. I doubt they will refund us. A fraud.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

No, they are still overcharging. I got those yesterday.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Just an update, received both refunds today. So it took 2 business days.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

My one and only FedEx shipment for the months of March and April received a cost adjustment yesterday. I shipped the package on April 5th and was charged extra yesterday April 23rd. I called eBay customer service this morning and was told that I should receive a refund by Saturday April 27th. The eBay customer service rep was like "been there, done that, no worries, I'll help you" with me about this FedEx issue.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Still haven't received my overcharged  rate back. The disclaimer they had said "it will be refunded in 5 business days" and it's been over 12 days since I've received the message. I called in and the rep counted out loud how many days it'd been, and told me to rest assure it was being handled lol - this is a joke and they're holding our money, when they should be refunding us on their end and fighting it with fedex themselves.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Although we received our credits back from last month, they still haven't fixed the issue... Both our stores received cost adjustments today and the one is obscene! eBay, please get this taken care of once and for all...

Fedex Overcharge3.pngFedex overcharge4.png

Message 25 of 25
latest reply