cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is handling time?

What is the exact meaning of handling time?
My thinking is that handling time is when the item is packed/sealed to the printing of the actual shipping label.

Also, when they mean same business day, does that mean from 9am-5pm, 5pm being the time of closing of the business day, Monday-Friday?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: What is handling time?

You got some time on your handz lady to even answer this post. 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@primeusa wrote:

I have my setting as same-day handling.  The cut off time is at 5:00pm.  Let's say the order comes in at 8:00pm that same day.  I have until midnight to get the carrier scan?

No.   That is after "your" cutoff time, and you would ship the next business day.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

I’ve seen others post on here that their POS don’t necessarily scan at acceptance. I drop my packages in “blue mailboxes” and sometimes at the (nondesk) package drop at the PO. Am I in any danger by not taking all my packages to the desk and watching the clerk scan them? Serious question. Thanks!

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@mrsdimmer 

My regular carrier scans on pickup. But, yes... if I'm at the PO, I wait for a scan.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Yes, if you don't get a scan at drop off then there is a risk that the first scan that your package gets might be after midnight (Pacific time).  Either before it leaves the PO or at the sorting center, wherever it gets that first scan.

Since you have already been using the blue box and package drop, you can go back to the tracking records for those packages and check when they got their first scan, to see how your PO handles this.  I have never had any problems using the blue box.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

primeusa:

I  do have some time, thank you. I  try to be helpful and am amazed at the anger and disrespect. Luckily,  I am not easily detoured.

Again, I  hope you get your handling time worked out for yourself.

Grandma 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

At Point of Sale, as soon as I print an ebay label it establishes a USPS tracking number and USPS origin acceptance.  I guess if you print an ebay label before midnight that same day you should be okay.  Also, when creating an ebay label, there is a drop down option of when you are going to drop the actual package off at the post office from a date range from today to (I think) 4 days.  It does not matter when the mailman scans the actual label.  Hope this helps.  For other ebay users, do you get USPS origin acceptance when establishing an ebay label?

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@primeusa wrote:

At Point of Sale, as soon as I print an ebay label it establishes a USPS tracking number and USPS origin acceptance.  I guess if you print an ebay label before midnight that same day you should be okay.  Also, when creating an ebay label, there is a drop down option of when you are going to drop the actual package off at the post office from a date range from today to (I think) 4 days.  It does not matter when the mailman scans the actual label.  Hope this helps.  For other ebay users, do you get USPS origin acceptance when establishing an ebay label?

Purchasing a label at the Post Office does indeed as you state establish it as accepted by USPS.

Purchasing an "online label" does not establish acceptance.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Despite slow bank deposit via Managed Payments we now have to deal with snail shipping via USPS.

Buyers are not happy with 8 day to 2 weeks for a PRIORITY SHIP from USPS so shipping needs to be ASAP due to USPS inability to deliver.

eBay claims they will remove negative feedback due to SLOW ship, but I would not take that to the bank just more carp!

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

THANK YOU! I have been searching for this for awhile! 😊

Message 25 of 25
latest reply