cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try explaining this one

Wake up today yayyy I’m getting a deposite from eBay . Go look half of what I expected get on eBay 6 of 6 packages all has $20 of underlaid shipping. Now I ship usps I look at what I put in on eBay but between me weighing them at home and usps weighing them all of a sudden a hot wheel gains two pounds the other thing that confuses me how did that happen when I still have all the ALL the packages the usps hasn’t weighed them in yet!!!!I call eBay they say my scale must be off nope just calibrated it and it’s on the dot then they say post office scale must be off I tell them nope can’t be they haven’t weighed them yet very rudely got told I can’t know that and when i told the rep I 100 percent know they diddnt weigh them because I still have them I got hung up on and now wheni call all I get is a busy signal. I can’t file a dispute with my bank because eBay used avail funds before they deposited 1/3 of what my items sold for I also can’t talk to a customer rep because it’s been busy for the last five hours. USPS knows nothing and weighed the packages at what I weighed them at to begin with. So now I guess the price to pay to sell on eBay is just they can do whatever they want. I hate it but how can I keep going forward with eBay sales when they do this. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Try explaining this one

"I can’t file a dispute with my bank because eBay used avail funds..."  That is YOU that designated that payment option.  If you don't want to do that, you can change your account to be paid through your PayPal account and then make sure you have your PayPal account set up to have the fees paid by your CC or DC.  This part is fully within your control.

And yes, if you printed the labels before your deposit was sent, the funds would have been reduced by the shipping labels you purchased.

When you created your shipping labels did you not see a discrepancy in the actual weight of the package?  If you did, why did you go ahead and print the label without first fixing the weight issue?  Are you using calculated shipping?  If so did you check the setup for the calculated shipping on these affected listings?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

"I can’t file a dispute with my bank because eBay used avail funds..."  That is YOU that designated that payment option.  If you don't want to do that, you can change your account to be paid through your PayPal account and then make sure you have your PayPal account set up to have the fees paid by your CC or DC.  This part is fully within your control.

And yes, if you printed the labels before your deposit was sent, the funds would have been reduced by the shipping labels you purchased.

When you created your shipping labels did you not see a discrepancy in the actual weight of the package?  If you did, why did you go ahead and print the label without first fixing the weight issue?  Are you using calculated shipping?  If so did you check the setup for the calculated shipping on these affected listings?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@diecastorbust wrote:

Wake up today yayyy I’m getting a deposite from eBay . Go look half of what I expected get on eBay 6 of 6 packages all has $20 of underlaid shipping. Now I ship usps I look at what I put in on eBay but between me weighing them at home and usps weighing them all of a sudden a hot wheel gains two pounds the other thing that confuses me how did that happen when I still have all the ALL the packages the usps hasn’t weighed them in yet!!!! 

If you still have all the packages then this notification is presumably about some other packages shipped previously. They'll dip into your pending funds to make up the underpaid postage.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Maybe you should reeead I know the shipping labels were bought through eBay the whole principle of this post is eBay deducting $120 by saying a hot wheel car weighed two pounds and the kicker I had r taken them to the post office so how did I underpay on each one of the usps hasn’t weighed them yet

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

And to add the label said exactly what I weighed them at 10 ozs a 6x6x6 box with one hot wheel will not weigh 2lbs  10oz like eBay is claiming 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

No this was 100 percent based on the packages stilll in my possession. All the order numbers matched. And now apparently somebody knows because this was taken down off the seller discussion board and put some where more private

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@diecastorbust 

I see you already have a "best answer marked, but:

There have been recent instances of USPS reissuing tracking #'s too soon. What does the tracking show?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Seems it was "deemed" to be more of a "shipping" thing than a "selling" thing.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@diecastorbust wrote:

And to add the label said exactly what I weighed them at 10 ozs a 6x6x6 box with one hot wheel will not weigh 2lbs  10oz like eBay is claiming 

eBay does not claim anything as far as your shipping weights.

This is the USPS weighing and measuring the packages. 

Your posts are not very clear on the issues you are experiencing. 

1st of all, you have to have a highly accurate scale that goes to a tenth or hundreth of an ounce, would be preferred. 

If the package weighs 2.1 lbs or even 2.05 or 2.01 then the package weight is 3 lbs. 

If a dimension is 12.4" or 12.5" the measurement can be 12".

If the measurement is 12.6" then it goes as 13". Anything over 1/2" goes to the next inch.

If you are using calculated shipping, make sure your measurements and weight entered into the listing are accurate and you won't be losing any money on shipping.

Hoping you can make money here selling.  Good luck.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Cancel the labels and go to the PO and buy the shipping.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

Cancel the labels and go to the PO and buy the shipping.

That would cost the seller more because they would pay full retail.

The OP likely is using calculated shipping and has something set up incorrectly.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I have six packages each package contains one hot wheel each package weighed 10 0z label says 10 0z eBay and YES eBay claimed each package weighed 2 lbs 10 oz. Said that’s what the list office stated except all 6 packages we’re still in my possession so yes eBay claimed a single hot wheel weighs 2lbs 10 ozs it is impossible for the usps to weigh each package whe. They have yet to receive them and yes I checked each tracking. Number said label created and nothing else 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@diecastorbust wrote:

I have six packages each package contains one hot wheel each package weighed 10 0z label says 10 0z eBay and YES eBay claimed each package weighed 2 lbs 10 oz. Said that’s what the list office stated except all 6 packages we’re still in my possession so yes eBay claimed a single hot wheel weighs 2lbs 10 ozs it is impossible for the usps to weigh each package whe. They have yet to receive them and yes I checked each tracking. Number said label created and nothing else 

Then that highly likely because you entered the wrong information into the shipping calculator.  Ebay ONLY goes by what you put into the calculator, they don't change it.  So it is likely an easy fix for you for future transactions, just updated your calculated shipping settings.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Op is using calculated shipping and the same calculated shipping for two years. The problem is eBay claimed and even sent the email that the usps weighs the packages and I owed money on all six except I still possesd the packages there was no way for the postal service to say what they weighed. I keep hearing how it’s all my fault. I have a very precise and expensing scale I my weight always matches th post office and I don’t change shipping. So 6 out of 6 packages all weighed 10oz came back underpaid wit all different weights but usps couldnt have weighd  them wheni did shop out I made sure all weights were what was labels upon giving the tracking to post office to check.on any emails they might have sent they did not send eBay any emails for I underpayment. That leave one solution eBay screwed and and won’t admit and fix it it’s always someone else’s fault and it always benefits only eBay 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

You are the OP [original poster].

Have you checked the calculated shipping setting to make sure they are correct?  I know I've asked that question a few times, but you have never answered the question.

I have never known Ebay to send an email saying you didn't pay enough for shipping.  USPS does do that, but not Ebay.  

https://www.usps.com/business/verify-postage.htm

So you are still delaying shipment to some of your buyers?  If you still have the packages.

I know you have tried to explain this more than a few times, but I'm still missing something.  It very well may be me and not you, but something is missing for me.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply