cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Item Shipping Methods??

I recently came upon a stash of sports/historical buttons and pinbacks. Selling price would be between 7.99 and 14.99? 
I can't just throw them in a flat envelope where they could get flattened.
What would be the safest and most economical method to ship them?
Thank-you for any advice!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Small Item Shipping Methods??

With effective packaging, they would have to be mailed as packages; for weights up to 4 ounces, you can ship via Ground Advantage for $3.59 - $4.15 depending on distance.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You may find that bundling them into groups of 2-3 (or more) per listing is effective on the lower valued items.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I just use 6"x4"x4" boxes for smalls like that. Packed up pins and buttons weigh less than 4 oz, so there's absolutely no price difference between shipping using a box versus a padded envelope for items that lightweight.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

They definitely can't go in regular letter mail because they are unevenly shaped/lumpy. Unfortunately.

Ground Advantage at 4oz in an envelope or small box is the only way to (economically) ship them, and unfortunately the GA shipping cost even at the 4oz rate will eat up a nice part of the profits if you sell them individually at those prices. As said, best to put them in sets, you might be able to get 4-8 buttons in a box for the GA 8oz rate, which isn't much more than the 4oz rate.

I'd recommend a box over a padded envelope, so they can't accidentally be fed into the letter mail sorting equipment and crushed (speaking from experience, had it happen.) eBay's 4x4x6 boxes are great for items like this.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply