cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShipCover Insurance Claim Not Being Verified

I mailed 2 items to a buyer, and she emailed me through ebay messages that 1 was broken when she opened the box.   She basically blamed my packaging (although I haven't had a broken item in 10 years) and wanted an immediate partial refund.  I asked her for a photo of the damage, and she said she didn't have anyway to take a picture.  I called ebay and the CSR said to refund her and file an insurance claim.  I filed a claim with ShipCover as soon as possible.  That was almost 2 weeks ago, and when I checked on the claim status this morning, it shows that it's still awaiting the buyers verification.  I have emailed this buyer twice with no response, and after getting her phone number I called and left a message on her answering machine, still no response.  I doubt that she's going to do anything with the verification request since she already has her refund.  Is there any chance I'm going to receive a reimbursement from ShipCover?  It's not a huge amount of money,  but every little bit helps.  I called ShipCover, but the rep wasn't very helpful,  she just said to wait until the claim ending date and call back then.  Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: ShipCover Insurance Claim Not Being Verified

Thank you, you've been the most helpful!

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

You should never do a partial refund.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

A paypal case for loss does not trigger the buyer verification requirment as an ebay case does:/

Message 18 of 18
latest reply