cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Promises Tracking In Listing But Then Refuses To Provide

First, let me say that I realize that a seller is not required by eBay to provide tracking information. That's not the primary issue I'm addressing in this thread.

What I am concerned about is that the seller specifically says that tracking would be provided IN THE ITEM LISTING and then they did not provide it.

After purchasing, I received an email (that does not appear in my Messages page) which says that they did not provide tracking because I didn't spend enough money when I purchased the item.

The statement that tracking will be provided IS IN THE LISTING FOR THE ITEM ITSELF. They knew full well how much the item costs and still put the promise of providing tracking in the listing.

Does this not boil down to a seller dishonestly offering something in their listing knowing that they were not going to provide what they promised?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller Promises Tracking In Listing But Then Refuses To Provide

@ralphx65 In all honesty you don't need tracking. You have purchased an item on a platform that offers a MBG. Go look at the estimated date of delivery. Seller is obligated to get your item delivered to you and they will. Once the estimated date of delivery passes you can open an item not received case and the seller will then be required by eBay to upload tracking or they will lose the case. 

Seriously all you need to do is be more patient and rest with the knowledge that you are protected. You will not lose anything here except for some time. You are free to leave appropriate feedback afterwards for your seller. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I guess they purchased postage at the post office? Never understood why sellers don't print through Ebay. It gives them a slight discount on cost and free tracking. Like lamber was saying you are protected if item does not arrive. It will only hurt they seller because they can't prove it was delivered. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

As I was afraid would happen, you've missed the point of my post entirely.

Also, It's not up to you to decide what I do and don't "need".

Please pay closer attention next time and thanks for the attempt.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply