cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reshipping address

I was under the impression that delivery to an address that was known as a re-shipping service was not enough evidence to conclude an item was in fact re-shipped.

This was also confirmed by blues in these here forums.

...but yesterday I had a return closed by a CSR because the item was delivered to a re-shipper. CSR turned it into a case and it closed in my favor in moments.

This about face of a horrible policy is certainly welcome.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Reshipping address

Honestly, CSR do things that are against policy all the time.

A customer can contact eBay the very day an item is returned back (Delivered tracking) and they will most likely resolve the case on the spot as long as they can verify Delivered return tracking.

I'd say that's against policy as it takes away the sellers ability to have 2 days to inspect and refund.

So CSRs not following the policy? Happens all the time. Buyer filing an appeal and having your case favor switched? Happens all the time.

Ebays leaves their CSRs a little room from the user agreement though.

4. Policy Enforcement

When a buyer or seller issue arises, we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers. The foregoing does not limit or impair our right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone, or to terminate this agreement with anyone, for any reason at our discretion.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply