cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund to buyer for over payment in combined shipping.....but no refund from ebay for me?

I am so fed up with this.

I do have tons of buyers that purchase multiple items and then make payment right away without waiting for a combined invoice. I understand that they would like to make payment right away so that items can be shipped the same or at least next day.

I always refund the over payment in shipping back to my buyers but Ebay still charges me for the initial much higher shipping fee that wa spaid by the buyer and I never receive a partial fee refund back for the money.

That means that I pay fees for the much higher  (before refund) shipping rate.

I already think it is outrageous in the first place that we sellers also have to pay fees on our shipping charges? I only charge the exact shipping fee for my packages but end up losing money since I have to pay fees on LISTING, SHIPPING and FINAL VALUE.....

I wish there was at least a way to get refunded when I refund payment back to my customers.

Is there anything that I am missing?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Refund to buyer for over payment in combined shipping.....but no refund from ebay for me?

I put a clear statement in my listings that I will ship a combined purchase for the actual postage cost IF the buyer waits for an invoice with the new total shipping cost.

Then if they don't wait, and pay individually, I do still give them a partial refund, BUT I hold back enough to pay the fees that I incur due to their impatience (or lack of reading skills).  That includes not only the FVF on the refunded shipping, but also any extra 30-cent fees from Paypal if they made separate payments.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Refund to buyer for over payment in combined shipping.....but no refund from ebay for me?

If you have your site preferences and your listing set up correctly, shipping should combine automatically when items are added to shopping cart.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@zwillinge97 wrote:

I am so fed up with this.

I always refund the over payment in shipping back to my buyers but Ebay still charges me for the initial much higher shipping fee that wa spaid by the buyer and I never receive a partial fee refund back for the money./p>

Is there anything that I am missing?

Yes, it's more pervasive than you imagine.

When you partial refund for combined shipping --

eBay revokes Bucks already awarded to the buyer --

plus any eBay Bucks bonus % promotion for that refund --

pretending that that refund was on item prices, not on shipping.

@zwillinge97

Meanwhile, eBay doesn't know how to calculate a partial FVF credit for you.

So eBay takes back eBay Bucks that shouldn't be revoked --

and doesn't give FVF credit that should be paid --

when you partial for combined shipping.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

So, I am assuming that ebay makes all the money and I am left with having to accept that I have to pay fees for something that I actually refunded?

I have a note in my listings to tell my customers to please inquire for a combined invoice since apparently it is NOT working when multiple different items are purchased....

If multiple items from the same listings are purchased it does not seem to be a problem but ebay just cannot get it correct when multiple different items are purchased.

We sellers already pay way too many fees anyway but now we al;so have to pay fees for ppayments that we refund back? That just does not seem right.....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I guess I will have to go the same route as well in the future, although it does not seem fair to the buyer either.

I did in fact specify in my listings to please ask for a combined invoice as well, but it does not seem to work.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It does in fact work if multiple items from the same listing are purchased but as soon as different listing items are sold ebay instantly adds the highest shipping rate for each listing .....

Message 7 of 7
latest reply