cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase label at UPS store

Hello all... 

I am pretty new to the UPS world although have been shipping USPS for quite a while... I have an item where seller wants to be sure it is insured properly... when looking online in community it appears to me that when we purchase UPS insurance through eBay that is is eBay insurance for UPS unlike the USPS where we have an option to choose USPS insurance... 

I am seeing many posts about eBay UPS insurance not honoring claims... so I talked with a local UPS store and was told I could  purchase the label through them, get insurance and am sure signature delivery as well, all purchased through the store... if something happens to the package I understand I can submit a claim directly through UPS; if I purchase UPS insurance through eBay I would need to go through them. 

I plan to purchase label, insurance and signature delivery at the local store and then upload tracking number to eBay...

Is there anything I need to know... thank you so much for your insight on this... smile... Rhonda

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Purchase label at UPS store

Insurance is good for item lost. Since you are not shipping glass items that is a plus. The thing about insurance is something broken is hard to get refunded. In your case, it is for item lost. I believe there are 2 signature confirmations...one digital and one written(USPS). I prefer the latter. My UPS seems to just drop off packages and my USPS actually rings my doorbell...4 floors no elevator(San Francisco)...go figure...but he will wait for me when I ring him in(USPS)even though he has a key to get in. Putting fragile on package helps per USPS by the way. I prefer USPS because I am near the post office using my motorcycle...my UPS main office is in a terrible area with almost no parking and off/on ramps to the expressways. I like to actually walk into my post office and if there is a delay in my package not getting to the buyer I can talk to a person. Telephone and email is not as good as in person so I have experienced. Convenience helps...especially since we had rain like "cats and dogs" out here last week.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Of course you'll pay more at the UPS store. No discount like you get through ebay.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You should open your own USP account.

When you use ebay's shipping portal ebay is the shipper on record for UPS and you will not be able to open a claim unless you are the shipper on record.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply