cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with getting large heavy package(s) shipped, no option given for freight

Hello there, I have purchased these items https://www.ebay.com/itm/156157506567  and I'm working with the seller trying to get these things shipped.  The issue is that each one of the larger speakers weighs 170 lbs and he is not finding any option to ship them freight.  I have been waiting almost two weeks to get them shipped and he said he contacted ebay to get help selecting an appropriate shipping method and didn't get any help.   I am willing to pay more to get this shipped, I don't want the cost of shipping to eat his profits from the item and cause him to retract the deal I just want to get it shipped. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this item selected for freight through ebay?  I know that for multiple items that multiple shipping labels can be created but in this case that won't work due to the weight of the items exceeding 150 pounds, on ebay shipping calculator it just shows no options given at all to ship when 170 pounds is entered.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need help with getting large heavy package(s) shipped, no option given for freight

Seller cannot purchase a freight label through eBay. They have to arrange that on their own, then upload tracking from an integrated freight carrier to eBay. Seller never should have offered FedEx Ground due to the size/weight of those items.

Tell the seller to come here if they need assistance.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Need help with getting large heavy package(s) shipped, no option given for freight

It's nearly impossible for eBay to help support freight shipping because there are so many variables. The seller has to do the work of identifying the shipper and working with them to ensure adequate package preparation.  But this Help page does have a list of shippers that are "integrated" with eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options?id=4089

Frankly since the seller did no advance prep, it's likely that they just can't figure this out.  Sellers are supposed to figure out their shipping options BEFORE listing an item. If they didn't charge enough shipping in the listing, then IMHO it's only fair for them to absorb the cost difference.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@pnwcollectables82 

Hope you get them, and I can only add to keep an eye on the Estimated Delivery Date. If you have to open a claim, that is...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply