cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail doesn't always get picked up / delivered...

Our mailman doesn't always pass by our mailbox, I don't even think he / she comes down our road, not sure what the problem seems to be... We just moved but we had this problem at the last address too, it's really annoying because it causes "late" shipments...

Does anyone else experience these "brownouts" of service?
Any ideas, other than driving the parcels to the Post Office?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Mail doesn't always get picked up / delivered...

Are you scheduling a pickup the day before online? If they are skipping your pickup request I would recommend speaking to the local post master and let them know your concerns. Also speaking with your carrier could help. Recently our neighborhood went through a period where the subs would not pickup or deliver any of our mail . When they did pickup they would not scan any packages accepted for days to weeks.  The longest was 27 days with no acceptance scan. I now drive 30 mins to the post office on the days our normal carrier is off. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Your carrier has a "boss" or "manager".  It's called the Postmaster.  Have you discussed the fact that your carrier isn't doing his job with your local Postmaster?  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@powaert0 

You need to find out if mail carriers there pick up packages on their route.

Our PO doesn't pick up anything left in our mail boxes, unless we schedule a pick up.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@acrystalshop wrote:

Are you scheduling a pickup the day before online? If they are skipping your pickup request I would recommend speaking to the local post master and let them know your concerns. Also speaking with your carrier could help. Recently our neighborhood went through a period where the subs would not pickup or deliver any of our mail . When they did pickup they would not scan any packages accepted for days to weeks.  The longest was 27 days with no acceptance scan. I now drive 30 mins to the post office on the days our normal carrier is off. 

I can't schedule a pickup with same day service, most days I have orders but I don't know how many packages and such... And then I don't always have orders either, not every single day anyway...
But I will go stand in line today to speak to the person behind the counter.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@powaert0 

If you have an order for tomorrow, you can schedule the pick up today for tomorrow. It is okay to be off a package or two from the pickup count if something comes in later that you want to mail. 

If you have lots more that might be an issue as they use the pick up numbers for logistics. ie if you schedule for a pick up for one item but have twenty then you might be in hot water. 

They are not required to pick up if you do not have a pick up scheduled because they have no idea you have packages. 

You can schedule and modify pickup up until I think 2am CT.

You can schedule a pick up as needed, you do not have to schedule one for every day.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@blingfling123 wrote:

@powaert0 

If you have an order for tomorrow, you can schedule the pick up today for tomorrow. It is okay to be off a package or two from the pickup count if something comes in later that you want to mail. 

If you have lots more that might be an issue as they use the pick up numbers for logistics. ie if you schedule for a pick up for one item but have twenty then you might be in hot water. 

They are not required to pick up if you do not have a pick up scheduled because they have no idea you have packages. 

You can schedule a pick up as needed, you do not have to schedule one for every day.  

Ok...

My cut-off time for same day shipping is 10am EST that same day...

I guess I could estimate, go with an average...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@powaert0 wrote:

@blingfling123 wrote:

@powaert0 

Ok...

My cut-off time for same day shipping is 10am EST that same day...

I guess I could estimate, go with an average...

It might vary on the region, but they don't seem to care that much on the quantity. Mine don't seem to at least. I still try to be accurate. But there have been plenty of times I said there would be one or two packages to pick up and later that day or the following morning I got a bunch of sales and just add them to the pile outside. Usually try to help out if I hear the truck and bring them to them though.

Regardless, you have until midnight PST (3 am for you I guess) to schedule a pickup, update the total, or cancel altogether. So you shouldn't have to estimate very often.

Also plenty of times I've had something scheduled and they miss me for some reason too, which sucks. It's possible those were days they came earlier for some reason though. For years, they'd usually show up after 4 or 5 pm. But since December, they decided to start showing up around 9 or 10 am which has caused me to miss them because I didn't get the packages out in time. And hopefully I can walk over to the complex over and hand it to them there.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply