cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight forwarding scam or delay on usps part?

I'm usually suspicious if buyer has zero feedback but usually contacted them they appear safe.  Ive had people immediately pay then message me asking to ship to different address.  I'll refund and ask them to buy again when address is fixed.  Which never happens. 

Well, i think I may accidentally be involved in a freight forwarding scam.  Buyer has good feedback from a month ago.  I dropped off item on 7/12 and it was suppose to be there 7/15.  USPS tracking says it's basically running behind and said it's still on the way based on tracking number. 

Each day from 7/15 buyer has been saying they didn't get the item and been requesting a refund and open an item not received case. 

USPS site says it's on the way but the address is 8550 NW 70th St a freight forwarding company. 

I think it's a scam what to do? 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Can't be a scam if USPS Tracking is showing you it hasn't been delivered yet. The buyer is probably seeing the same thing you are, that it has not delivered yet. Packages sometimes get a bit 'lost' 'mis-routed' etc. but if USPS is stating 'still on the way' then all you and buyer can do is wait; you need to explain this to the buyer. But, buyer can open a 'not received' official return and you'd have 2 days to refund them. They can open this 1 day past the last estimated delivery date shown. 

No scam can be had here. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@300ronin 

Look up the address on the USPS address lookup website:

https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

If it's the address in Florida, did you send it to that street in Hialeah (not a valid address) or Miami? According to google, the Miami address appears to be a residential address, but may be associated with freight forwarding.

What was the last estimated delivery date? Even if USPS updated it to 7/15, eBay will use the original estimates for allowing a claim to be filed. If the buyer files an INR case, you should be able to contact eBay customer service and ask them to delay closing the case for up to 30 days after the last estimate.

Unfortunately, if the package doesn't get a delivered scan, then you will need to refund an INR case eventually.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Update: google was wrong about one thing. The address in Miami is not a residential address, it's a commercial address for a business.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@300ronin wrote:

Each day from 7/15 buyer has been saying they didn't get the item and been requesting a refund and open an item not received case. 

USPS site says it's on the way but the address is [...] a freight forwarding company. 

I think it's a scam what to do? 

It's not a scam; if USPS says they haven't delivered it yet, then they haven't delivered it yet. It's possible that they failed to scan it as Delivered, but at this point all you can do is ask the buyer to be a little more patient. 

The fact that it's a forwarding company doesn't matter as far as an Item Not Received dispute is concerned, because your delivery obligation is complete as soon as tracking shows delivery to the address you received with the payment, presumably the forwarding company themselves. It doesn't matter how long the company takes to deliver it to the buyer after that.

Worst-case scenario: If you have to refund because the package never shows, and you shipped it as Priority or higher, you have up to either $50 or $100 (depending on seller status) that you can be refunded by USPS. I think they require 21 days without a scan before considering it lost along the way.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

If the post office hasn't delivered the parcel then there isn't much that you can do except explain to the buyer that the USPS is running a bit behind schedule. Now if they paid for Prioroty Mail & it missed some deadline, then I can see how the buyer wants to cancel the order. Regardless, you need to get the USPS to deliver the parcel. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Is this the same item as your other posting or a different one?

a1.jpg

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Same response as to the first one you posted. 

If you sent it priority mail it comes with USPS insurance up to $50, $100 if you are a TRS. Start by opening a missing mail request with USPS online not over the phone. If they cannot find it open a insurance claim with USPS, it generally encourages them to find the package. Following are the timelines for opening a claim with USPS. 

time.jpg

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I was just scammed by this address: 8550 NW 70th St, Miami. Package was delivered and the person after 5 days said different product in package. I shipped a $700 video card. Tracking numbers match. A simple search of this address and the word fraud or ebay shows numerous scams. Raised a case and police report. Buyer never responded with picks of package for shipping co. I am pursuing. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

My address was hacked, so the last 4 items I purchased in eBay went to the same scam address: 

8550 NW 70th st, but eBay does not recognize it as an insecure address but only as a freightage address. 

How many other customers are experiencing this situation and being hacked without receiving any protection?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@adrher-4023 wrote:

My address was hacked, so the last 4 items I purchased in eBay went to the same scam address: 

8550 NW 70th st, but eBay does not recognize it as an insecure address but only as a freightage address. 

How many other customers are experiencing this situation and being hacked without receiving any protection?

Four items? Did you not notice the shipping address on the first order and update your address after that - and reset your passwords @adrher-4023 ?

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/uas/addresses

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/get-help-hacked-account?id=4196

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Unfortunately no:  I have been extremely busy and I only noticed on the 4th order. Already changed address etc but the fact is that this is a SCAM and ebay does not has a mechanism of protection

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@adrher-4023 wrote:

Unfortunately no:  I have been extremely busy and I only noticed on the 4th order. Already changed address etc but the fact is that this is a SCAM and ebay does not has a mechanism of protection

Ebay trusts that you are the one that makes sure the  shipping address you give with your payment was chosen by since you can see the shipping address at the time you click to confirm and  make the payment.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply