cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx Shipping Overcharge

I have the same issue regarding a shipping overcharge dispute with FedEx (and one parcel with USPS, which overcharge dispute claim is still under review after more than 2 months) .

FedEx says I underpaid on a parcel shipped to CA. from MI. This is fully erroneous. Even the "Shipment and cost details" notification shows the error:FedEx Shipping Overcharge.PNG

It states that the billable [dimensional] weight is up to 2.00 lbs. The weight of the item was 1.44 lbs. Yet it states right in the notification that "the carrier has reported that the weight of your package was 1.30 lbs." So according to this notification, the parcel weighed LESS than what FedEx is reporting and overcharging me for. AND the original shipping value was STILL within the billable range for this parcel.

I even did the obvious and normal check to see whether I was indeed correct in my input of the dimensional weight fields by relisting the item and entering the buyer's zip code. Sure enough, it shows $12.90 as the correct cost from MI. to CA. for the FedEx Ground or Home Delivery service as shown here:FedEx Shipping Charge Actual Value.PNG

$12.90 is correct for a 1.3 lb. (and up to 2 lb.) item shipped to CA. from MI. utilizing FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery. How in the world could a 1.3 lb parcel cost $22.37 to ship from MI. to CA. using that service? Why am I being erroneously overcharged for an additional shipping fee, when the original fee was correctly shown, visible, purchased by the buyer and also DOCUMENTED in the eBay shipping calculator fields?

I'm requesting that FedEx publicly here and now in this forum address this issue, and to fully refund me the overage that I have been erroneously charged. I would also like a public explanation from FedEx for this error and what steps are going to be initiated to prevent this from occurring again.

I would also request that eBay address this issue and to take proactive steps to prevent it from occurring again, and to make it simpler and easier to dispute these erroneous charges, and to be able to do so within eBay's platform and not have to jump through myriad hoops disputing through a third party, since after all, it IS eBay's platform, whether they are the shipping carrier or not.

Incidentally, I had the same issue occur with an item shipped to the east coast via USPS. They charged an extra $3+ for a parcel that was one of two exactly identical items/parcels with the exact same shipping values paid. The one parcel shipped to the west coast with no issue (as expected, as is normal). Yet the other one shipped to the east coast, less than HALF as far away regionally, and USPS charged an extra $3+. It was the same Priority rate box and the same exact dimensional size and weight as the other parcel. I'm still waiting for that refund and an answer from USPS to my question as to why I was erroneously overcharged.

I noted one eBay member state in another forum that "eBay is the shipper". NO, eBay is NOT the shipper. If queried, eBay (the eBay reps) will deny that they are the shipper and they will fully defer that any questions regarding shipping overcharges be directed to the carriers. Yet those shippers are eBay's partners. How can we as eBay members continue to have confidence that our best interests are being attended to when it appears that there is a systemic issue with the validity of those shipping carrier's claims of "underpayment"?

Thank-you for shopping at JJ Collectibles!
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: FedEx Shipping Overcharge

The eBay customer service rep I spoke to seemed to imply that. As well, here's the link to a new video on YouTube regarding the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLWUmI_cms

Thank-you for shopping at JJ Collectibles!
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: FedEx Shipping Overcharge

I have received 6 refunds from the latest cost adjustments but none of them equal the original cost adjustment charge. For example I had a cost adjustment of $40.74 but was only refunded $39.11. Is there something I am missing or shouldn't be the same exact amount that I was originally charged. Another I was charged $19.23 but only refunded $17. Every single one of them is like this. I never checked to see if the ones from last week were different I just trusted I was refunded the proper amount. 

Message 17 of 17
latest reply