cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay charging buyer wrong shipping amount

I have had two recent sales where Buyer selected Ground Advantage ($4.50-8,00) charge but buyer was charged <$2.00 for First Class Shipping.

What? I do not offer discounted shipping ... any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay charging buyer wrong shipping amount

You are offering First Class Mail (letter stamp, not package) as the default shipping choice on your postcard listings. They all show this:

US $1.89 United States Standard Shipping (USPS First Class®) Estimated between Fri, Nov 3 and Sat, Nov 4 to 90210

US $1.17 United States Standard Shipping (eBay Standard Envelope for Trading Cards, Stamps, Postcards & Coins up to $20) Estimated between Fri, Nov 3 and Sat, Nov 4 to 90210

US $5.05 United States Standard Shipping (USPS Ground Advantage®) Estimated between Fri, Nov 3 and Sat, Nov 4 to 90210

Since First Class Mail (untracked) cannot be purchased through eBay labels, the system is defaulting to Ground Advantage on the label purchase page @dees_den .

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Is this the listing? Winchester Soldiers' Civil War Monument Winsted CT Postcard 1980s J Bonello Art
You offer three different shipping options 

IMG_0976.jpeg

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Appreciate this wastingtime101 - operator error on my part - thank you!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

you should be able to ship via the payment amount method

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

While there is admitted operator error on my part for offering $1.89 which would not work for 8 x 6 cardboard envelope, notice the buyer selected Ground Advantage but was charged $1.89 - see screen grabs ⇣ - wacky

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.04.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 9.19.26 AM.png

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That's the bulk label page. What does it show on the order details page?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

you are right again - says "First Class" on order details page. Thx for your expertise.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply