cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does USPS / Customs check OUTGOING international packages ?

Hello,

I have an international priority package going from the US to the UK that has been stuck at Customs Clearance for the past 6 days. Whats the deal with that? I thought there were only Customs delays in the receiving country!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Does USPS / Customs check OUTGOING international packages ?

I quit selling to the U.K. because even though it is one of the E-USPS DELCON countriesl, the last tracking I would see was to the ISC in New York, Miami, or Chicago. The buyer would claim Item not received and I would have to refund.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Customs Clearance is in the RECEIVING country. Or does your information actually specify a U.S. location? If so, then there's either a major backlog (common at this time of year) or the package has cleared and is en route to the next stop (no scans in mid-flight).

However, U.S. Customs may examine outgoing packages (at least the Customs form) to double check for contraband, hazmat or items that cannot be sent by air.
It's up to each receiving country to accept, reject or confiscate particular items.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If the item was sent with the GSP, customs processing at the Kentucky depot may be what you are seeing. Tracking after that is hit and miss, so the item may be well on it's way to the buyer.

In the GSP system customs processing is the preparation of the customs declaration for the importing country.

Always remember tracking information is where the item was last seen, not  where it is now

=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hello. 

I am experiencing the same problem and unfortunately I don't know how USPS is working. 

The Priority Mail parcel addressed to me to Italy is stucked in the Customs Clearance process at ISC in San Francisco since from three days now and I don't know what to do. 

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tRef=fullpage&tLc=2&text28777=&tLabels=CF123657067US%2C

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Does USPS / Customs check OUTGOING international packages ?

If it is something illegal I'd like to think so.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply