cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not print Global shipping label

For over a month now I can not print Global Prgm. ship labels from ebay order summary -create label page on both the classic and mobile site pages. When I use the pull down menus to add actual wt/dimensions, insurance, or change the ship method to Pr. Mail, the boxes or my selections switch right back to whatever it was set at upon opening the page. I called 4 times since I started having this issue and 4 different advisors said different things. 2 said ebay tech is aware of issue and working on it as other sellers have also reported it. The other 2 said its the 1st time they are hearing about this and would tell their supervisor. This is setting me back in time and money because the only way to create a global label and get it out in 1 business day is through PayPal. I do not get any shipping discount using PayPal to print labels. In fact they charge me a fee to use them to print labels. So I called ebay again and ask them if they are going to reimburse me (since it's their fault, not mine that I am being forced to use PayPal to create global labels) for the difference? The advisor spoke to his supervisor and said to hold my receipts to send them to ebay for reimbursement. Is this problem happening with any other sellers? Please reply! Thanks!  

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Can not print Global shipping label

" I do not get any shipping discount using PayPal to print labels. In fact they charge me a fee to use them to print labels."

In my experience, that statement is false. 

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

>>For over a month now I can not print Global Prgm. ship labels from ebay order summary -create

>>label page on both the classic and mobile site pages.

It is unclear what labels you are referring to there. Do you mean USPS domestic labels to ship to the Global Shipping Program (GSP) center in KY, or do you mean international postage for you to ship directly to your buyers through USPS?

>>When I use the pull down menus to add actual wt/dimensions, insurance, or change the ship method

>>to Pr. Mail, the boxes or my selections switch right back to whatever it was set at upon opening the page.

Sounds like it is probably a browser related issue. Have you tried a different browser on the desktop site? What browser are you using that isn't working? Has it always done this, or did something change?

>>I called 4 times since I started having this issue and 4 different advisors said different things. 2 said

>>ebay tech is aware of issue and working on it as other sellers have also reported it. The other 2 said

>>its the 1st time they are hearing about this and would tell their supervisor.

What does that tell you? Half of them are making things up. Most of the time eBay phone CS is worse than useless for issues like this unless it is a widespread problem that they have been made aware of. It is very unlikely that anything is being forwarded to tech.

>>This is setting me back in time and money because the only way to create a global label and get it out

>>in 1 business day is through PayPal. I do not get any shipping discount using PayPal to print labels. In

>>fact they charge me a fee to use them to print labels.

You don't get your eBay TRS related Commercial Plus pricing at PayPal. All PayPal USPS shipping is at online commercial base rates.

PayPal does not charge a fee for printing labels.

>>So I called ebay again and ask them if they are going to reimburse me (since it's their fault, not mine that

>>I am being forced to use PayPal to create global labels) for the difference? The advisor spoke to his

>>supervisor and said to hold my receipts to send them to ebay for reimbursement.

See above comments about CS making things up. I wouldn't count on getting credited for this.

>>Is this problem happening with any other sellers?

Not that I'm aware of, which makes it more likely that it's only a problem for you (and possibly a few others who haven't said anything), and is likely due to use of a particular browser that isn't working with eBay labels for whatever reason for you.

I have ZERO problems printing eBay shipping labels using the classic label flow in Firefox 31 and never have (in FF31, 21, 11, 4, 3.6.24). Newer FF versions might act up (it seems to be their way), IE, Edge, and Safari have all sorts of odd problems with different eBay functions at times, as does Chrome.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Thanks for your insight. Its now Feb. & I'm still having the same problem. Its on both the mobile site and classic desktop site. I have Chrome on both. So frustrating to say the least. I sell globally quite often so it would not be a smart option to quit the global program all together. This is my 4th year selling on ebay & never had this problem before Dec. 2018. I am using the same mobile phone and desktop since day 1. Both with Chrome browser.  So nothing else I can think of that's changed. Guess I will have to make another friendly call to eBay C/S tomorrow. 

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Can you answer the questions?

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

This issue occurs everytime I try to print a USPS ship label for an item sold through the GSP program. I have no issues printing ship labels for USA shipments. Any advice is truly appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Sorry. I do not understand. What questions you are asking?

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Wrote my original post while upset over this repeated issue I am dealing with. Meant to say "In fact, I feel it's like PayPal is charging me a fee to print labels since I am not getting my ebay label discount from them". I am paying more. I've kept copies of every PayPal label I've generated since this problem  began in December. I plan to call the CS rep back who told me that his supervisor said I will be credited for the overage I paid out. He gave me a case # and his direct phone number to call back once the problem is fixed, to claim a reimbursement. We will see how that goes.  

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

Same thing has been happening to me probably in same time frame late 2018 through TODAY! Fortunately I am able to print eBay Global labels from PayPal off my iPhone or computer without any problem. ALL my other shipping labels print fine using my iPhone ONLY eBay Global gives me that unsupported at this time message??? It makes no sense.
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Thanks for letting me know you have the same problem. Yes I can print the global labels through paypal but then lose my shipping discount offered when I print labels using the ebay app. I even tried to use my desktop instead of my phone but it still won't allow me to print global labels. I called Ebay CS several  times and get mixed answers from different reps. One rep spoke to his superior and told me to keep copies of the Paypal global shipping receipts for every 6 months and then mail them to Ebay Corp office for reimbursement. 

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

And just to add that I'm not using an iphone. I'm android. Samsung 10 loaded with the newest software. So I don't believe the phones are the issue.
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Update! As of today I still have the problem of printing global shipping labels through both the Ebay mobile app and the Ebay classic view desktop site. This is ongoing for almost a year!!!!
Hey Ebay reps! Can you help?
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

@giasvintageshop wrote:
Update! As of today I still have the problem of printing global shipping labels through both the Ebay mobile app and the Ebay classic view desktop site. This is ongoing for almost a year!!!!
Hey Ebay reps! Can you help?

Try using a computer

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

@giasvintageshop wrote:

I even tried to use my desktop instead of my phone but it still won't allow me to print global labels.

Wondering what is "I even tried to use my desktop instead" -- isn't that a computer?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

In your post in January you said:

"When I use the pull down menus to add actual wt/dimensions, insurance, or change the ship method to Pr. Mail, the boxes or my selections switch right back to whatever it was set at upon opening the page."

I don't use the eBay USPS labels but do you normally have to change the settings for dimensions, weight ,shipping method etc.for domestic transactions?   The label you are printing is for the domestic shipping portion so you would be using the same shipping method, dimensions etc. that you have set up for any domestic transaction.   It would be best to have that information in your listings especially now that Parcel Select and Priority use dimensional shipping for all larger packages.  I don't know if changing things is what is causing a problem but just throwing it out there in case it is.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply