cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer gave wrong address forwarded one box of two

So I sold a $100 item that was very heavy and shipping was $30 in two packages.  Hours after I dropped it off with FedEx, the buyer asked me why I sent it to her old address in CA.  Uh, because that is the address that you have on file  with Ebay....  Walgreens would not give the packages back to me since they were logged into the FedEx system (no surprise).  The buyer wanted me to forward them to her new address in NC.  I gave her the tracking numbers and told her to call FedEx and redirect them herself and that she would have to pay the extra shipping fees since this was her mistake.  She wasted several days arguing with me and finally stopped contacting me after I filed two complaints with Ebay.  Somehow, one package was redirected (not by me) and arrived at her new address in NC and the other was delivered to her old address in CA.  She opened an INR while they were enroute but  Ebay closed after both packages showed as delivered (in two different places).  Now FedEx contacted me to authorize a pickup in CA to redirect.  I would have to pay the pickup fee and additional shipping so I refused.  I figure it's only a matter of time before the buyer files a chargeback through her CC.  Has anyone had any experience even close to this?  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buyer gave wrong address forwarded one box of two

I have never experienced this but, I would say that this is all on the buyer. Since you shipped to the address shown in the order details. 
If the buyer does file a chargeback you would more than likely still win since the item shows as shipped and delivered to the address shown in the order. And one part of the order being redirected. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay closed the non-receipt claims in your favor because the buyer provided a wrong address.

If the buyer files a non-receipt payment dispute you will win that also because of seller protections.

Did you purchase the FedEx labels on eBay or outside of eBay? If purchased on eBay, neither buyer nor seller is authorized to redirect @blhcollection .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I bought the labels on Ebay.  Somehow the buyer managed to redirect one package.  And FedEx asked for my approval to redirect the second.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't know how the buyer pulled that off, but it's not supposed to happen. Either way, as mentioned above, you're covered if the buyer files a non-receipt payment dispute. If you need any help down the line come back and let us know.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply