cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A major problem

So I bought a fortnite account on here for $60 and have been pestering the seller for a long time and have not got any info on when im getting my account. Should I be concered. Should I email eBay? Please help!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

A major problem

What is a "fortnite account?"

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

I would never have bought anything from that seller. It seems like they have just started selling and their listing doesn't make any sense. It also says for Local Pickup.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

@dth296 wrote:

So I bought a fortnite account on here for $60 and have been pestering the seller for a long time and have not got any info on when im getting my account. Should I be concered. Should I email eBay? Please help!

Not only does the listing say "Local Pickup," as @kitschy*loot said, but there is the added problem of those accounts being illegal to sell. And it looks like you bought two of them at $30  each.

From the Epic Games User Agreement:

"You may not transfer, sell, gift, exchange, trade, lease, sublicense, or rent Game Currency or Content except within the Software and as expressly permitted by Epic. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, Epic reserves and retains all rights, title, and interest in and to the Game Currency and Content. The license to Game Currency and Content under the License will terminate upon termination of the License and as otherwise provided herein."

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

You purchased a raffle ticket for the account, not the account.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

@la_797 wrote:
You purchased a raffle ticket for the account, not the account.

And those are illegal on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/chance-listings-policy?id=4311

@dth296, I'd say you have more major problems than you originally posted. Maybe you could try to contact the seller and ask if s/he will cancel the transaction. The seller is not required to accept a cancellation, but it's worth a shot. Good  luck.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

Ok thank you @la_797

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

I bought 2 raffle tickets and the seller said I could have the account.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

You're not getting the account. He's still selling tickets for it.

You can try to file an item not received to get your money back.

Then DON'T buy any more accounts. If you can't be honest and earn the stuff and levels on your own you probably shouldn't be playing.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

Yes, I'm sure s/he did. And do you have the account? No.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

@la_797 wrote:
You're not getting the account. He's still selling tickets for it.

You can try to file an item not received to get your money back.

Then DON'T buy any more accounts. If you can't be honest and earn the stuff and levels on your own you probably shouldn't be playing.

Local pickups are not covered by eBay or PayPal buyer protection @la_797 @dth296 

Hopefully you paid with a credit card. File a chargeback. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

One of the blue said that they are if the buyer has attempted to make arrangements to go pick it up and the seller has not allowed them to do so.

So what the buyer in this case needs to do is tell the seller that they are going to try to pick it up locally and ask for date and time that they can when the seller doesn't bother to respond or give them the runaround then they can file the INR

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

@la_797 wrote:
One of the blue said that they are if the buyer has attempted to make arrangements to go pick it up and the seller has not allowed them to do so.

So what the buyer in this case needs to do is tell the seller that they are going to try to pick it up locally and ask for date and time that they can when the seller doesn't bother to respond or give them the runaround then they can file the INR

That’s not enough for the OP to win an INR. He still has to follow through and attempt to pick up the codes. When the seller makes the arrangements with the buyer and the buyer fails to pick up the codes, what next? The buyer is only covered if the seller doesn’t make arrangements with them 😉

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

A major problem

@la_797 wrote:

This.

This whole business of buying/selling online game accounts in clear violation of the UA (and pretty much every online game seems to ban transferring accounts between individuals these days) is contemptible in a variety of ways.

Frankly, I have no sympathy for the OP and anyone else engaged in like activity. He willfully got himself involved in a crooked business, which by defintion is done by crooked people, and he got robbed. Who could have predicted it?thinking

Message 14 of 14
latest reply