cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stun guns pepper spray personal protection

hello anybody with experience selling stun guns and pepper spray these items have shipping restrictions is there any way to block buyers from restricted states

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm from California and bought some online a few years ago from eBay.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

No, there's no way you can stop the buyers from buying.

On some items, if they live in a state where an item is restricted, they used to block them from buying.

I don't know if they still do it or not?

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@c12cat wrote:

hello anybody with experience selling stun guns and pepper spray these items have shipping restrictions is there any way to block buyers from restricted states

No way to block states from purchase. You should include a list of locations where you won't allow purchases where stun guns are illegal. 

If buyer ignores your notice, cancel order for reason issue with buyer's address so the cancellation will not count against you. 

Weapons policy | eBay

• Pepper spray or mace may be listed only if the item is located in the US and shipped domestically
  • Stun guns may be listed as long as the seller states they won't allow purchases from places where stun guns are illegal

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

There is no way to block buyers by state but it goes much further down the rabbit hole than that. Some counties, cities, municipalities........ have their own laws on the purchase and possession of stun guns and pepper spray. Unfortunately the onus is on the seller to make sure they don't violate any of those laws. Personally it is something I would never take a chance on selling on eBay. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I've always wondered why we're drowning in projectile weapons but there are restrictions on stun guns, and I could be arrested in my state for carrying a switchblade.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I've always wondered why we're drowning in projectile weapons but there are restrictions on stun guns, and I could be arrested in my state for carrying a switchblade.

By projectile weapons I am assuming you mean firearms? While there is no 100% accurate accounting it is estimated that the US accounts for about 45% of the privately held firearms or about 1.2 for every person in the US. Like a lot of things firearms fall into several categories collector, hunter, target shooter, self defense.......  I have a number of antique firearms that I would never consider firing they are part of a collection, some are family heirlooms and some are decor items. Some people collect guns others collect cars, why does one need 15, 20.... vehicles? Some collect tanks (Jacques Littlefield), other people collect other things: coins, cards, comics................ 

Stun guns really don't fall into the same category as they basically have one purpose which is self defense although there are probably a few other bizarre uses. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

NO , you cannot block certain states. Most are illegal anyway and I would bet your items will be pulled as soon as you list them here on Ebay.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Not illegal, mostly are restrictions on shipping.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@c12cat wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/weapons-policy?id=5050

Here is what the policy says:

"Pepper spray or mace may be listed only if the item is located in the US and shipped domestically"

"Stun guns may be listed as long as the seller states they won't allow purchases from places where stun guns are illegal"

That being said, there is no way I would risk it. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply