cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorry for dumb question but how do I know if a sale I made is going through the EIS program? TY

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

sorry for dumb question but how do I know if a sale I made is going through the EIS program? TY

I’ve never used EIS but From what I’ve read in this forum. If you sold an item through EIS the label you print will be to ship the item to the hub in Glendale Illinois. Then the hub in Glendale ships to your buyer.

If I’m incorrect someone will chime in soon to correct me.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I checked a couple of your listings and you are enrolled in EIS so if the item sold to an international buyer the shipping label you purchase and print would be as ebooksdiva described unless you have other international shipping options defined for your listings and I did not go through all your listings to see if that was the case. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

ok, thanks. So if I see the Glendale, Ill. address that is to the shipping hub. Appreciate it!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

The shipping address will say:

eIS C/O Buyer Name
110 Internationale Blvd
[reference number]
Glendale Heights, IL 60139-2080

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Seems like you are correct. Thank You for your time 🙂

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for sharing I really appreciate it. I just recently sold what appears to the address and my shipped item is on the way to Canada when I checked on tracking that’s is how I discovered this eBay community group! I was like what! Is this address more likely to be for scammers 🤦🏽‍♀️ Glad to hear on my case seem to be my first international sell to Canada! Thanks again for your insight 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Is there any issue with your item after you sold and ship to the EIS program ? Please let me know. Thank you 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I've never had a problem with EIS or GSP (prior to EIS).

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

"Is this address more likely to be for scammers?"

Why would you ask that when the address has been explained to you?  

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I was just told that my package "had arrived" at 10:33 this morning but at 11:45 I had another email telling me it should be here by 7:30 p.m.  Then I checked the delivery address that it had been "delivered" to and it was to EIS in Illinois.  I put in a claim on it and received a bunch of red tape that I couldn't enter data into on my phone.  It was asking for me to give shipping costs???   Who do I talk to to retrieve my item?  This is my first order on eBay.  

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

That was just the 1st leg on the journey to you. It arrived at the shipping hub in Illinois. There it is inspected and then sent on its way to Canada and then to you. You jumped the gun way to soon putting in a claim. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

There's no need to do anything. Your parcel has been delivered to the shipping hub and they will forward it on to you.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

One of the easiest ways to tell if it is going through EIS is when the buyer pays, are they paying for US shipping and the ship to address shows an Ebay Hub for processing it.

FYI, NOT a "dumb" question.  It is a GOOD question.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

The shipping address will say:

eIS C/O Buyer Name
110 Internationale Blvd
[reference number]
Glendale Heights, IL 60139-2080

Because this post is still getting attention I am adding to my above response.

About 2 months ago eBay opened up a second hub in outside of LA in Commerce, CA.

Address format will be the same, only street address/city/state/zip will be different.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply