cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We have a concern with the buyer's account"

Here I go again...

"We want to let you know a bid for the listing below was canceled because of an issue with the buyer's account".

It was a "buy it now"...not a bid by the way. Seems it's a generated email...laugh out loud.

A buyer paid on March 20th and I got this email today. "Don't complete the sale or ship the item to....".

That's not the problem. My problem is I had almost 0 sales for a number of days and suddenly out of the blue I am getting sales again right after the email from eBay?

It's like I feel I am cut off until eBay checks everything out.

And I have been getting these every month now. 

Who are these buyers who are no longer "registered on eBay"? Why does it take so long to identify them and such? And why hurt "me" the seller? Shouldn't a person be checked out before bidding or buying like on auctions and such? Is there a flaw in signing up on eBay?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: "We have a concern with the buyer's account"

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Here I go again...

"We want to let you know a bid for the listing below was canceled because of an issue with the buyer's account".

It was a "buy it now"...not a bid by the way. Seems it's a generated email...laugh out loud.

A buyer paid on March 20th and I got this email today. "Don't complete the sale or ship the item to....".

That's not the problem. My problem is I had almost 0 sales for a number of days and suddenly out of the blue I am getting sales again right after the email from eBay?

It's like I feel I am cut off until eBay checks everything out.

And I have been getting these every month now. 

Who are these buyers who are no longer "registered on eBay"? Why does it take so long to identify them and such? And why hurt "me" the seller? Shouldn't a person be checked out before bidding or buying like on auctions and such? Is there a flaw in signing up on eBay?

I got on of those last night. At 11:26pm random buyer messages me an incoherent message about a coin. At 11:32pm eBay notifies me to cease communication with them, not ship the item, cancel any payment sent to them, etc. I don't even know who this guy is, just that he messaged me nonsense and is now NARU.

Their message started with "Dear Sin-n-Dex it appears you have been in communication with member blah blah blah..." then their security message. Oddly enough they didn't put my real name in the message which is something they normally do.

Since member is now NARU, I don't need to bother with any of this... they didn't buy anything.

C.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Regarding the sales slowdown followed by a sudden increase after the email, it might be a coincidence or a glitch. eBay's algorithms and systems can sometimes cause unexpected fluctuations.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Since we all seem to agree that human beings at Ebay are not being used for anything related to our orders, we must be careful not to attribute too much complexity to Ebay software which might be affecting our sales.

Yes, search placement can be affected by Ebay algorithms but we do have a window on search placement, the percentage of our listings in the top 20 positions on our impressions. I get about the same number of top 20 positions when sales are good and bad.

The biggest correlation I see between traffic data and sales is External Site Views and Ebay does not control them. When my external site views drop my sales drop.

As for these bad buyer messages, I have gotten them before when the buyers were NAUed.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The 'buyer concern/do not communicate' Message is a canned message sent to all trading partners (buyers or sellers) who have had dealings with a NARU'd member.  If you haven't made payment, don't - you won't be required to.  If you haven't shipped, don't - you won't be required to.  If you have made payment, be aware that your order may not be fulfilled.  If you have shipped, well... you got paid and eBay will not be reversing the payment, so you're good.  If the shipment is returned, do not refund.  And do not answer any Messages or email from that member - there is an option on the Message to report it to eBay.  Do so.

Mostly these are common sense safety recommendations.  If the member has been removed, there's a reason and you probably don't want to get mixed up with them any more than you already are.  So just stop.  If a payment to you is to be refunded, eBay will handle that.  If they start Messaging you, eBay will handle that.  You just have to let them do it... which makes those problems one less thing to worry about.

-Bob.

eBay Report Message screenshot.jpg

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@rosachs wrote:

The 'buyer concern/do not communicate' Message is a canned message sent to all trading partners (buyers or sellers) who have had dealings with a NARU'd member.  If you haven't made payment, don't - you won't be required to.  If you haven't shipped, don't - you won't be required to.  If you have made payment, be aware that your order may not be fulfilled.  If you have shipped, well... you got paid and eBay will not be reversing the payment, so you're good.  If the shipment is returned, do not refund.  And do not answer any Messages or email from that member - there is an option on the Message to report it to eBay.  Do so.

Mostly these are common sense safety recommendations.  If the member has been removed, there's a reason and you probably don't want to get mixed up with them any more than you already are.  So just stop.  If a payment to you is to be refunded, eBay will handle that.  If they start Messaging you, eBay will handle that.  You just have to let them do it... which makes those problems one less thing to worry about.

-Bob.

eBay Report Message screenshot.jpg

eBay doesn't always notify you if a member's been NARU. I reported a member for circumventing my BBL, eBay NARU'd them but didn't cancel the order or let me know they had been NARU. I called eBay because I didn't want to ship my item to this member and they told me on the phone they had been NARU'd and not to ship. I cancelled the sale, I presume some way shape or form the buyer got their money back.

C.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

eBay doesn't always notify you if a member's been NARU. I reported a member for circumventing my BBL, eBay NARU'd them but didn't cancel the order or let me know they had been NARU. I called eBay because I didn't want to ship my item to this member and they told me on the phone they had been NARU'd and not to ship. I cancelled the sale, I presume some way shape or form the buyer got their money back.

I've been thru the same - and I've stopped worrying about it.  That is between eBay and the NARU'd member -- I don't need to get involved.  I try not to spend those funds for the 6 months allowed by credit cards for chargebacks, but it's just not high on my worry list.

We pay eBay to take care of this situation for us -- I say let them do their job and earn that pay.  It may sound mean, cruel, vindictive, or a dozen or more other less-than-savory terms, but that -is- their job, to deal with those members who will not follow site rules.

-Bob.

PS: when that sale starts getting old, I contact Customer Service and ask them to have the sale dealt with -- I was told not to ship, not to refund, so get it off my open order list before I get a ding for late or non-shipment.  To date, it's always been taken care of.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 7 of 7
latest reply