cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sales" not showing in search results.

What is the point of running any kind of 'sale' - eg buy 3 or more get FS, or even a markdown sale eg. 20% off, when search results don't SHOW that there is a sale on those listings?

To see there is a 'sale' the buyer has to click into the listing.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: "Sales" not showing in search results.

I find it only shows if the sale is valid on just that one item, and there aren't multiple sales that could potentially apply.  If it can't decide what to show, it won't show any at all. Also, they do take a little while to reflect in the search results.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Assuming you get eyes on your listing, that is a better chance of converting.

Not as much help as you might want, but not nothing unless your product is common as dirt.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes, but it's about getting the potential buyer to click into the listing in the first place. Surely even a generic "on sale" banner, corner thing would help?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 

The promos I am running are showing on the search results page. How long have the promos been active? I have noticed there is sometimes a lag time of 12-24 hours before the search results page shows the promos. This is especially true for my coupon code promos.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 125415.jpg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The simple 20% off etc ones are showing in search (I don't use coupons) but the buy 3 get FS ones show nothing to indicate there's a special offer.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 

I run my shipping discount promo all year. My markdowns and coupon codes are intermittent and usually only last a couple of weeks. Now that I think about it, it seems markdowns and coupon codes are always showing on the search results page (like my earlier screenshot). I cannot honestly say when the last time, or if ever, I saw my shipping discount show on the search results page.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Oh well. Just something to make note of while I experiment lol

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

I cannot honestly say when the last time, or if ever, I saw my shipping discount show on the search results page.

Ditto. And we already established @mcdougle4248 shipping discounts do not appear on a store's sale tab, either.

Apparently eBay does not consider promotional shipping discounts to be a sale.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply