cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok sellers do I have to eat this?

item was shown as delivered to my door but it was not there.

I looked around in the bushes etc....not there.

I have never had a package stolen off my porch before but I guess its possible 

so I paid for the item and don't have it and there is nothing I can do right?

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Call your P.O.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 108
latest reply

If you have a neighbor or neighbors you can ask them if they received your item by mistake !! I have sold a couple of items in the past that were delivered to the wrong address !! Neighbors !! You can ask your mailman/mailwoman if they remember delivering your package and or contact/go to your local post office and see if they can locate the item !! Stolen is always a possibility !! It happens a lot. Other than those ideas that's all I know you can do !! If the tracking shows your item was delivered then it was !! ( But Where ) ??? The seller is not responsible for the mail service and/or thieves !! It happens and I hope you can retrieve your item !! Good Luck 

Message 3 of 108
latest reply

Misdelivery is as likely as theft.  Most carriers' scanners have GPS capability that can show exactly where the package was when it was scanned, so that might help locate it if it was mid-delivered. Go to your local PO with the tracking number in-hand, and be prepared to insist on speaking with the Postmaster if the desk clerk isn't interested in helping.

Message 4 of 108
latest reply

it was delivered by UPS.

Message 5 of 108
latest reply

I'm not sure why but the seller annoyed me a little bit with his 

email ----

"have a nice day!!" not my fault tracking shows delivered.

Message 6 of 108
latest reply

Well that’s rude of them!
Call UPS they have scanners also.

Message 7 of 108
latest reply

I’d neg a seller who acted like that. Seriously rude and customer unfriendly.  What? F you, I already have my money?

He isn’t responsible if it was stolen off your porch, but he/she SHOULD be the one walking you through the advice everyone is giving you here.

Also, ask any family members if you don’t live alone. I’ve reached out to companies a few times thinking I hadn’t received something, only to find it had been delivered - but someone in the house set it in a weird place or mixed it in with other stuff.

Message 8 of 108
latest reply

The seller could have been a little more sympathetic !! But it's true it isn't his/her fault !! Yes go to UPS nearest to you with the tracking number and see if they can help you !! 

Message 9 of 108
latest reply

yes pretty flip of the seller right??

have a nice day my......Robot Mad

just more frustration---

UPS says I cannot file a claim online I have no idea why....that I should contact the seller.

now I will probably spend 4 hours on the phone with UPS trying to figure out where my package is.

I don't think anyone took it. There was a amazon box there too with a big dinosaur for my nephews birthday.

someone would have stolen that too.

Message 10 of 108
latest reply

I know you can file a claim at USPS for undelivered mail as long as you supply an affidavit that you did not get it even though tracking shows delivered. Not sure if UPS has anything similar for these situations.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 11 of 108
latest reply

You should try calling your local UPS if you haven’t already.
I’m guessing you just tried the 800.

Message 12 of 108
latest reply

I had to reroute a UPS package last summer, and then monitor its re-delivery, and I found customer service to be wonderful. The calls didn’t take to long, either.

Message 13 of 108
latest reply

@def.a.posting.id wrote:

I'm not sure why but the seller annoyed me a little bit with his 

email ----

"have a nice day!!" not my fault tracking shows delivered.

You only have quotes around the have a nice day part.  Did the seller say the second half of that or is that just how you perceived the have a nice day comment 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 14 of 108
latest reply

If your tracking shows it was delivered to your door and UPS can confirm that? then file a police report, if UPS will not help you then tell them you are filling a police report and that might shake them up a bit?
Message 15 of 108
latest reply