cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Open 2023!!

Attention, all eBay sellers! Registration is now live for eBay Open 2023🎉

It’s time to soar at the largest seller event of the year—happening September 26–29. 

Get ready to connect, learn, and celebrate with the seller community, both virtually and in person :iloveebay:

Tell us how you plan on attending below and don’t forget to register here

open2023.jpg

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: eBay Open 2023!!

is there any limitation? im bit newbie here. thank you

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@sudemadhu25 

I would think participating in the eBay Open might be beneficial to you as a newbie.    Hopefully you are getting your account set up with Payoneer so you can sell.  

I wish you good luck and enjoy the eBay Open!

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@edenhallacademy wrote:

Wow a 4 day event full of lies and false promises from a company that cares nothing about you, sounds fun!

Sorry, Not Interested

time once spent, can never be restored.  

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Very helpfully. 

Thank you

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I've been selling on eBay for 23+ years.  I am aghast by what this company has become. 

I loved eBay when I started.  Now I see a company that is predatory, abusive, misleading, and incompetent.  They hold back Seller funds so they can reinvest them in short-term accounts that allow them to make money off of OUR money while they block our own access to it.  They design programs explicitly to suppress Sellers' funds to force us into needing to sell more, ship faster, and spend from within eBay.  They feed criminal Buyer behavior and penalize Sellers for it.  Their site is a mess, they spring major changes on us with no advance warning, and their customer service reps know nothing about everything. 

They are also dangerously building a monopoly.  How our government allows a company as bad as this to exist upon a framework of predatory tactics amazes me.

What a horrible company you are, eBay.  Shame on you for how greedy and destructive you've become.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Is eBay Open not working for anybody else? I've never had an issue before, but I'm logged in and not seeing any of the normal stuff like the main stage, and all the other areas on the left, the schedule, the chat, etc. This is all I see and I tried on multiple browsers:

devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay 

@valueaddedresource

eBay Open.png

I'm on this page which is where the link in my registration email took me:

https://app.hopin.com/events/ebay-open/reception

I thought everything would appear at 11 am for the "Welcome Hour" but it's now 20 past and ... nada.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Disregard my above post. I registered back in May and the link in that email:

https://app.hopin.com/events/ebay-open/reception

Is not correct.

I registered again and received a different link:

https://app.hopin.com/events/ebay-open-2023/reception

Anybody that registered back in May may encounter the same problem I did.

I also had it wrong on my calendar. For some reason I put it in my calendar for 11am when it started at 8am. Oops.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Hehe.  So the link in the initial email Ebay sent you had the wrong link? 

An auspicious beginning. 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@thefisherqueen wrote:

I've been selling on eBay for 23+ years.  I am aghast by what this company has become. 

I loved eBay when I started.  Now I see a company that is predatory, abusive, misleading, and incompetent.  They hold back Seller funds so they can reinvest them in short-term accounts that allow them to make money off of OUR money while they block our own access to it.  They design programs explicitly to suppress Sellers' funds to force us into needing to sell more, ship faster, and spend from within eBay.  They feed criminal Buyer behavior and penalize Sellers for it.  Their site is a mess, they spring major changes on us with no advance warning, and their customer service reps know nothing about everything. 

They are also dangerously building a monopoly.  How our government allows a company as bad as this to exist upon a framework of predatory tactics amazes me.

What a horrible company you are, eBay.  Shame on you for how greedy and destructive you've become.

Started same year as you.  Everything you said is SPOT ON!

Misleading and SHADY, just like a car STEALERship! Like you said, eBay use to be fun. Now it's ALL about pay to promoted or you're S out of luck!  Taking out sellers sold history and crowd your listings with sponsored ads for same or similar items, plus a few 3rd party ads to boot. Plus, now I noticed it's up to 13% for promoted listings. ME thinks GREEDbay's goal is a 50% or more TOTAL cut, including final fees.  Even the big guy only gets 10%. Haha!  Oh, did I mentioned the regular glitches galore, and the ever changing layout of your listings.  The listing layout looks different everyday along with so many sponsored ads that it looks busier than Time Square.🤣

I feel sorry for the newbie & newer sellers who are naive to eBay's current tactics and practices.  

ZZZZ_252.jpg

Message 24 of 24
latest reply