cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

claimed damaged product

I sold a doll to a woman and I received a message that the doll had arrived damaged - "broken in 3 places." I immediately contacted her to express my dismay and asked her to send me the photos.  It has been over a week and I have not received a reply or request for refund. I checked her ratings and there has been nothing negative written about her.  What the heck!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

claimed damaged product

Do what @stainlessenginecovers  said.  Nothing.  Wait & see if they open a case or go away.  You may very well be correct that they thought they were gonna scam you & decided better of it.   Don't do anything at this point!   ETA:  I absolutely would NOT have them open a SNAD with the present situation. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

claimed damaged product

Tell her to open a not as described return request.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

Hi @vmliferesources 

Just wanted to mention that there still are people who either don't have a camera ... or do not know how to download photos to eBay.  Your buyer might be too embarrassed to mention it ... so you might contact them and ask if they need any help providing photos. 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

This buyer has too many reviews to be unable to maneuver around the buying process.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

Do nothing until buyer opens a return. I would NOT tell them to open a 'Not As Described' as a.) that counts against you and b.) you get to pay for the return shipping. 

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

she did not respond to my original request. Maybe I am wrong, but I felt like she was trying to do a scam and get a refund. then when I asked for proof, she went away. I packed the doll very carefully - I have a hard time believing it was damaged.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

@vmliferesources wrote:

I sold a doll to a woman and I received a message that the doll had arrived damaged - "broken in 3 places." I immediately contacted her to express my dismay and asked her to send me the photos.  It has been over a week and I have not received a reply or request for refund. I checked her ratings and there has been nothing negative written about her.  What the heck!

There is something called not poking the bear. 

If I got that message I would respond, "Oh my goodness, I am sorry that happened, let me know what you want to do", and if they never answered I would not go chasing them down. 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

@vmliferesources wrote:

This buyer has too many reviews to be unable to maneuver around the buying process.

I know of at least one eBay Mentor who recently said they had neither a camera nor a cell phone ... so wouldn't be able to post photos if asked.  Of course, they would know enough to communicate with their seller if they had the problem you described.

But still, there are many eBayers who are very much older than the person in your eBay photo ... who simply wouldn't know how to upload photos ... although are still able to purchase items on eBay.  [I personally couldn't figure it out until 2-3 years ago ... and I've been volunteering answering questions for 16 years.]

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

I'm with @onefootflipper... let it lie. It looks like you responded well in your first exchange... I have no doubt you'll continue to react properly if called upon. Good luck and dang it.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

They don’t owe the seller photos, and only might be asked to provide them as part of the return request.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

Yeah, don’t be honest. 🙄

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

she did not respond to my original request. Maybe I am wrong, but I felt like she was trying to do a scam and get a refund. then when I asked for proof, she went away. I packed the doll very carefully - I have a hard time believing it was damaged.

Not an uncommon buyer tactic and one that I have been targeted for on more than one occasion. You are correct the buyer may be simply phishing for a partial refund hoping you will agree and save yourself the trouble of the official return process. Like you in my case I simply told the buyer(s) to open a return request and when I received the item back I would provide a full refund. That was the last I ever heard from any of them. 

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

Buyers are not required to provide photos of damage.

Your best  option right now is just remain  quiet.  Should the buyer open a case just reply return for refund.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

Am one of those mentors who has neither a camera nor a cell phone.  Yes, I know I am in the minority. But I believe it's still my choice to live without these essentials, right? 

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

claimed damaged product

You are aware that, on eBay, nothing negative can ever be written about a buyer, right? So checking her FB received is useless in terms of evaluating her as a buyer.  

Message 15 of 30
latest reply