cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the KaBoom?

Bought a widget.  It works, but doesn't really do all I had hoped.  There are similar widgets so I asked a couple of sellers some questions to see if theirs would do more.

One responds with some links to videos.  I reply, about a caution regarding offsite links and request further details via messages.  Even ask for the manual to be attached to the message if possible.

Their reply?  'Can you give us your email address so ....'

Really?

So, now I'm expecting the Earth Shattering KaBoom about seeking offsite transactions.

(And yes, this is a seller question.  Why are some sellers allowed to ask for this kind of thing?  Yes, they ARE from 'there' so maybe that's why?)

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Where's the KaBoom?

A seller  asked me in an ebay email for my email address so we could take the auction off line to save money.

I shut that down really fast and had him make me up a ebay listing, but sometimes these types of emails do come through without ebay seeing them.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

Yea, some fall thru the cracks. And some are false positives. I had that happen to me a few times in the past. I forgot what I was messaging about, but it had nothing to do with offsite selling or contact info. Ebay bot didn't allow me to send it so I had to re-word it.

I doubt the seller's location had anything to do with the allowed message.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

Instead of relying on other Ebay sellers to tell you how an items work, it's best to google and research on, your own then purchase accordingly. I am surprised sellers even responded to your inquiries.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

I *fully expect* sellers to provide sufficient customer service both before and after a sale, particularly for items that are unique to them.  If they can't or won't, they don't need to be here.

But your post is off topic on a thread about the threatening messages Corporate has been sending out to both buyers and sellers.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

@chrysylys wrote:

Why are some sellers allowed to ask for this kind of thing?  Yes, they ARE from 'there' so maybe that's why?) 

Because you asked them for it ? Like I said, it's best to google the manual yourself or go to you tube and watch the videos.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

Oh this is getting good. *grabs popcorn*

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

No popcorn needed.  Just answered the OP's question.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

I did not ask to be directed offsite (in violation of site policy) to a possible security risk in search of information that may or may not be accurate.

I asked a seller to provide information about a product germaine to a buying decision.  There are a number of variations of this item and the ones each seller has may be slightly different.  Like everyone says 'ask before you buy'.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

@chrysylys wrote:

I *fully expect* sellers to provide sufficient customer service both before and after a sale, particularly for items that are unique to them.  If they can't or won't, they don't need to be here.

But your post is off topic on a thread about the threatening messages Corporate has been sending out to both buyers and sellers.

Customer service has nothing to do with the buyer needing to do his own research to see if the widget will fit his needs.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

@chrysylys wrote:

I did not ask to be directed offsite (in violation of site policy) to a possible security risk in search of information that may or may not be accurate.

I asked a seller to provide information about a product germaine to a buying decision.  There are a number of variations of this item and the ones each seller has may be slightly different.  Like everyone says 'ask before you buy'.

I just don't understand why you cannot simply Google the product and make a decision.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Where's the KaBoom?

Perhaps a scwewy wabbit stole the Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator?

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 12 of 12
latest reply