cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Ad Fee Standard"

I listed an item with 2% promo ad fee, however, when the item sold, I was charged 13% "ad fee standard."

What's going on? 

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From your attached image, it does look like the 13% is your selected promoted ad rate.

However, if you were actually charged a 13% promoted ad rate, then you would have also been charged the 13% FVF, which would have resulted in 13% being taken out twice. I think this is just a situation of it being mislabeled by eBay, but you were charged the correct amount of fees.

What you were actually charged in total fees was: 

29.03 which is 13%     plus

4.66 which is 2%

for a total of 33.69

View Best Answer in original post

Message 26 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

13% sounds like the regular final value fee of the sale and then you should have been charged 2% on the total sale for using promoted listings standard. If you screenshot the breakdown from your transaction by clicking on the order number, someone here will be able to explain every fee. Be sure to blackout any personal info in the screenshot.

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

How do you do the screenshot? Is there a shortcut, instead of "Print Screen," paste to my paint program, save it to a JPG, then attach the file here...

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

That can work or you install an extension or free app that does screenshots.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

if you're on a mac use command+shift+5 , then see the options to make a window selection (dotted lines) of only the pertinent info, click 'capture' and select where it should place it ie: desktop, folder, etc. Then you can drag it into your post or select it.

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Windoze....

Well, actually, I'm running my TV through a mini-mac, but the only thing I know about is how to click on Safari...

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

At this point, why not just write down what it says next to each fee when you click on the order number.

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

You did not by chance select the New! Dynamic ad rate did you?  This could easily get you to a 13% promotion rate.

I believe the "ad fee standard" is where you select the promotion amount.  Sometimes that amount is pre filled out so you have to change it to what you want.

If you know how to cut and paste a screen shot, after you cut the screen shot put your cursor inside your "Reply Box" and then just use your paste function.  I do this often and rarely use the "Insert Photos" function above.  Same with the "Snip-it" tool.  Just "Snip-it" and then paste directly into the "Reply Box", no need to upload.  If you saved your "Screen shot" as a JPG you can also drag and drop it into the "Reply Box".

If you go to your "View Order Details" and "View Payment Details" pages these will explain where all the money went.

stephenmorgan_0-1695787389179.png

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

You did not by chance select the New! Dynamic ad rate did you?  This could easily get you to a 13% promotion rate.

I believe the "ad fee standard" is where you select the promotion amount.  Sometimes that amount is pre filled out so you have to change it to what you want.

If you know how to cut and paste a screen shot, after you cut the screen shot put your cursor inside your "Reply Box" and then just use your paste function.  I do this often and rarely use the "Insert Photos" function above.  Same with the "Snip-it" tool.  Just "Snip-it" and then paste directly into the "Reply Box", no need to upload.  If you saved your "Screen shot" as a JPG you can also drag and drop it into the "Reply Box".

If you go to your "View Order Details" and "View Payment Details" pages these will explain where all the money went.

stephenmorgan_0-1695787389179.png

Just remember that AD rate Fee is ON TOP of your normal Final Value Fee you pay to Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

@basketball_bigred 

Since you are a new seller, I do not recommend that you do any kind of Promoted Listing at all.  You need to get some selling experience FIRST.  Learn how to write your listings and titles.  Get some sales under your belt.  Learn the basic rules of Ebay FIRST before adding more complicated rules to your work load.  

LEARN FIRST.  Build yourself up for success, not overwhelming yourself which may cause a failure.

A couple of questions if you don't mind.  Your shipping rate on the only item you have listings is exactly what Media Mail is for one pound and under.  Remember you can have a modest handling fee on there to cover your shipping supplies.  And you really should, unless you want to put that in with your selling price, which if fine too as long as you have it covered.

What makes your book worth someone buying for $99?  Did you mean to list it for $9.99 and it is just a typo?

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Stephenmorgan wrote:

What IS the "Dynamic ad rate? If one has a $10 item, and selects the "Dynamic ad rate" at a "maximum" of $1 a day, that means if my item does not sell after thirty days, I have spent $30 promoting ia $10 item. So it would not make any sense to use it on a small item, right? 

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

This page will give you the options within the Promoted Listing tools Ebay has available.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/promoted-listings-overview?id=5295

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

When you promote your listing, (which you did at 2%), that is always in addition to the regular 13% fee we all pay when we sell most items. You pay extra to promote.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Testing here

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

This "descriptive" does not indicate anything about a FVF, only a "selected ad rate" of 13%, which is not what I set it at. I chose an ad rate of 2% when I wrote the listing.

In proof of this, if I go to "relist" the same item, the ad rate is where it was in my original listing, at 2%.

Why does this thing not allow me to upload an image? When I click on the Camera icon, it gives me a table, and the first line it asks for the "source" of the image. What is the "source" of an image on my hard disk? 

Message 15 of 48
latest reply