cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning to New Sellers of Hand Painted / Homemade Art: High Scam Target

I sell on multiple accounts and recently opened a new store to strictly to sell hand painted artwork.  I have a few sales, but no feedback.  With every new listing, comes a flood of scam offers like nothing I've seen before. 

I have about 50 items listed and literally hundreds of scam offers.  Some coming from the same prolific scammers who open multiple new accounts a day using the same phone number.   

Some examples of their offers:

"hello seller, i`m intrested in your item as a gift, i`ll the item shipped to Ohio via next delivery or overnight. hope my offer is been accepted message my cell ........... for payment thanks."

"i have a question about this item kindly text me on this number ..........."

"Hello i'm Shelley. i'm very much interested in your item. Kindly text me back on my private number ............."

I've sold on low feedback accounts for years before and never encountered such persistent fraud. 

With no option to report the seller or even the message/ offer, there's really no way of alerting eBay to these scammers.  They are obviously mostly using throwaway accounts, but some are also established hacked accounts.   Besides calling CS with every offer, nothing can be done. 

It's sad to think these scammers actually succeed, but they do or they wouldn't be doing it.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, they do, they think you are an inexperienced newbie that they can scam.Just a low feedback and some pricey items seems to bring them out in droves.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Perfect advise! And like I said on another post..." Scammers never let a good crisis go to waste!"...it's nuts out there!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply