cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video rejected - can't figure out why, maybe bc torn piece of amazon shipping tape?

I made a 1920x1080, 49 second video of me trying on the nitrile gloves I'm selling, and stretching it until it eventually broke. That's it. Got rejected, no idea why. This is the transcript:

"These are the gloves - these are the pair I've been using doing all the staining, they don't rip or break. Thick. Good grip. Ok now I really am trying to break it and, come on, ok, seriously, now I'm just looking weak. Ah! About time. So that's what it takes to break one."

Ok, on the ground is a fraction of amazon shipping tape - you can see the letters "ime" - could that be it? Even ebay can't be that pathetic, can they? I mean, obviously they can and frequently are, but you'd have to strain to even notice this.

nplag80_1-1670324436899.png

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Video rejected - can't figure out why, maybe bc torn piece of amazon shipping tape?

Wecome to the world of Tech sociopaths!   Who knows what bothers these 'people'.   It changes from minute to minute.    Because they have some power over us, they enjoy using it. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

must be those bare knees showing, lol. Sorry, no help.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@nplag80  Just to be clear---you are saying that you successfully uploaded the video itself, but it was rejected during the review process?

Did the video comply with all these:

Video Format Requirements
The maximum supported video size is 150 MB
The maximum upload resolution is 1080p
Supported output resolutions are 240p, 360p, 480p, and 720p
MP4 file types- MPEG-4 Part 10 or Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC)
Providing links to YouTube or other video platforms is not supported
Listings with variations do not support videos
Ever since they introduced videos, we have been asking ebay to provide an actual reason for the rejection, so we don't have to guess at what needs to be fixed. If I recall, ebay has said they are working on that.

In the meantime, one thing you can try (assuming you meet the above requirements) is: change the name of the video file and resubmit it. I've had the same video rejected the first time, and accepted the second time. (Not even sure you need to change the name)

Of course, this should not be a guessing game. If ebay is going to persist with "reviewing" videos, we absolutely should be given a detailed explanation for any rejection.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

eBay could at least give some reason, even if it's not detailed. Why leave people guessing and wasting everyone's time?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@djvp53  Yes. That's exactly what we've been asking ebay to do since the new video tool went live.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Correct, rejected during their review.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@nplag80  OK. And the video met all the requirements as to file type, etc?  Then I would just try resubmitting with a new file name....might work, might not, but worth a try. It has worked for me twice.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Listings with variations don't qualify.  So I wonder if that includes multi-quantity listings?  If so, that could be the reason your video is rejected.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Nope. One item, no variations

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I just had one of my videos rejected in a listing which had not been posted.  I never received an email; just a message saying my video was removed because it violated one of ebay's policies.  I just spent an hour on chat with three different ebay CSRs who could not tell me the specific policy I violated.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply