cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to list, hit a wall due to programming glitch...

Trying to list a pair of womens boots, the listing will NOT complete at all.  The system is telling me size is required, size IS entered, however, the size box does not have a red asterik next to it.  Which leads me to believe this is a programming glitch that the system is not recognizing that field.

The only way to get around it is to list them in a category other than boots, which will lower my views/potential buyers being able to locate them if they search by category.  

Is the only way to contact eBay/make them aware of this problem via phone (which might be iffy anyways)?  Is there a way to email them anymore even? And if I do, will it just sit in cyberspace anyways? How do I make them aware of this, and get them to fix/update the specifics so I can list in the correct category?

Thank you for any input/thoughts Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

There are a number of comments about it on Tech board......  only thing I can think to try is to see if you can do it on a phone, if you are using a pc or vice versa.  Or try changing browser, but doesn't sound like that would help.........

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thank you, will give it a whirl.  And thanks for the Tech Board tip, I'll go browse over there to see if there are any ideas of how to get around it.  A site this established shouldn't really be having problems like this anymore Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@swenson8781wrote:

Trying to list a pair of womens boots, the listing will NOT complete at all.  The system is telling me size is required, size IS entered, however, the size box does not have a red asterisk next to it.  Which leads me to believe this is a programming glitch that the system is not recognizing that field.

A red asterisk indicates a required field, so if there's no asterisk next to the Size field, either the real problem is elsewhere, or it doesn't like something relating to the value that's in there. For example, if you pasted the number in from somewhere else, there might be some hidden formatting commands as well as the visible one(s) that the form parser doesn't understand. 

Longshot possibility: is there another field of the same name somewhere? That is, an eBay-supplied Size field plus another user-provided one under Item Specifics? I don't sell boots so I'm not totally familiar with that part of town. Maybe you could post a screenshot showing the context of the error you're seeing, if nothing else seems to work.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

ame issue. for two days now. Singles, variations all not working. Tried ipad, desktop, phone, various browsers. Must be a system issue.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@a_c_green, the error message is a common one...  on the advanced listing screen, across the top in red it states 'size field is missing or not filled out'.  Typically when that message is displayed, one can scroll down in the form and see the red highlighted box where something is missing. 

However, in the item specifics the field IS filled in.  I've tried clearing & re-entering, and the field auto populates with preset shoe sizes, so I simply have to select the right one, not even an option to enter my own number (tried that too).

I've also tried adding 'size' as my own item specific, and adding the size, that doesn't work either.  The field 'needs' to have an asterik, as currently, the system isn't recognizing that field as the required one.  The system just knows that 'size' is required, but it's not putting the box with the requirement.  Does that make sense?  Truly a programming issue I think.

Many others are having the same problem, it's posted on the Tech Board.  I don't know how to notify eBay other than calling, and one mentioned they called CS to no avail.  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Another long shot.... try listing them as something else, like heels or something and then go back and edit/revise to show boots?
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@flyinhawaiiangirl, I thought about trying that initially, but on the Tech Board thread I learned that it's ALL womens shoes, and worse yet, 2 buyers posted also, that they cannot search by size, that is 'broken' too Smiley Mad

Does anyone know how to 'at'/access Triton, or anyone who might be able to make eBay at least aware of this problem to fix it?

I will try calling CS tomorrow am, and hope for the best!  Thank you all for the help/ideas! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Same problem here. Unable to list women's shoes.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@

@swenson8781wrote:

@flyinhawaiiangirl, I thought about trying that initially, but on the Tech Board thread I learned that it's ALL womens shoes, and worse yet, 2 buyers posted also, that they cannot search by size, that is 'broken' too Smiley Mad

Does anyone know how to 'at'/access Triton, or anyone who might be able to make eBay at least aware of this problem to fix it?

I will try calling CS tomorrow am, and hope for the best!  Thank you all for the help/ideas! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous

You could also try posting on facebook........they may monitor that on wkends..........

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thank you @dhbookds! Yesterday I sent them a PM on Facebook, but haven't gotten a response, as I remembered they do monitor that, but didn't want to slap the 'issues' on their front page.  I just found a basic Facebook page for eBay, do you recall if there is another one that was strictly customer service issues?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I think  this is the one people use..........lol, but I'm not a facebook person.........

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@gotitinpdx @speterson1000 Just got a response from a Facebook message I sent them yesterday, they are aware of the problem and urgently working on resolving it.  Just thought I'd let you know!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same issue.  Have tried to list a pair of shoes all day but I am getting a red asterisk  with "required field" language no matter whether I try to list from a desktop or iPhone.  I have tried different variations of the size, but the system is not accepting any numeric value.  Hope they are aware.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

@

@swenson8781wrote:

@Anonymous

You could also try posting on facebook........they may monitor that on wkends..........

Hi everyone, it does look like we've gotten this issue resolved but definitely let me know if you have any continued issues. I can confirm as well that at this time, the Community Team is not available outside of standard business hours (Monday-Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM PT), but our Customer Service teams are available from 5 AM to 10 PM PT, 7 days a week.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply