cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated seller sales tank

Why is it that each time I gain Top Rated seller, my sales stop or barely any sales? Top Rated seller is not a good thing apparently. Am I the only one?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Top Rated seller sales tank

I thought TRS was based on buyer's feedback and sellers shipping service / timing? 

Sounds like from some posts here; it is based on a seller's number of sales / revenue as if a seller is not selling enough and making eBay money, and think they are being punished. 

Not sure I can agree with that. That would seem to a very big legal issue if it can be proven. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Top Rated seller sales tank

You're thinking of Top Rated Plus, which is a listing designation (not a seller status, though you must be a Top Rated Seller to take advantage of it), and requires shorter handling times and certain return policies.

To become a Top Rated Seller, you must meet the following guidelines:

• An eBay account that’s been active for at least 90 days.
  • 100 or more transactions and $1,000 in sales during the last 12 months with US buyers.
  • A defect rate less than or equal to 0.5%, with three or fewer defects from unique buyers.
  • Cases closed without seller resolution less than or equal to 0.3%, and two or fewer cases.
  • A late shipment rate less than or equal to 3%, and five or fewer late shipments.
  • Tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, and carrier validation for 95% of transactions to US buyers.

No one is being punished, if they don't meet the requirements they're not a TRS, and that's just the way it's always been since this was introduced.  Definitely no legal issue, I don't know what would prompt you to even suggest that.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply