cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The most interesting buyer award goes to

Check this out. I got a simultaneous message/negative last night from a buyer. He is upset about the package that's been in transit for 10 days now. I'm in Calif and he's in Phoenix, the package actually got to Phx in 3 days but before the final delivery scan, USPS decided to give the package the VIP cross country tour to NY and back. The buyer saw that tracking status and was pretty PO'ed at me.

He sent his negative and two messages minutes apart, probably because he hit the 2000 character max. He called me the worst company ever 5 times in his messages, that's a record for me. The rest is basically repeating the same things using watered down profanity, how inexcusable it is for me to make the package take 2 weeks and go all the way to NY when he is in Phx, demands that I justify my actions for the F'ed up shipping, he doesn't like that the tracking has too many updates (15+), he's going to report me to ebay and authorities for fraud, and (I love it when buyers say this one) how dare I treat a veteran like this for what he did for my country. That last one was also mentioned numerous times in his messages. I actually get that "lecture" from buyers from time to time. Do veterans know that people don't know you are a veteran if they don't even know who you are?

Anyway, I'm not going to mention the efforts I'm taking to resolve this and remove the feedback. Because the interesting part is that I decided to Google the buyer. Yea yea, if you have issues about that you can get off your high horses. Turns out this buyer was arrested 3 years ago in Calif and went to prison for impersonating a police officer. He was found loitering around a shopping area for a few weeks and told employees he was an undercover cop. When the real police picked him up and arrested him, he had 3 Calif police badges and business cards of 3 officers as well as a badge belonging to a Phoenix police officer. He also had 4 loaded guns in his car. Three handguns and one rifle, two of them were reported stolen. They still aren't sure how he got those authentic police badges as I read the article.

Thanks USPS for endangering my life.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Please provide examples of the watered down profanity.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Using non alphabetic characters in place of letters of profane words.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Oh that's no fun.  I was hoping for something along the lines of "lily-livered whatever."

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

Please provide examples of the watered down profanity.

Then I'll provide soft examples of what women spew during childbirth. We'll call it "water broken profanity"... 🤣

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

The most interesting man (buyer) in the world.

most-interesting-man-goldsmith-1504044751.jpg

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

Oh that's no fun.  I was hoping for something along the lines of "lily-livered whatever."

Yea, too bad they didn't call me a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

It is a major problem when people refuse mental health care.

The results are becoming evident in oh so many ways.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

Anyway, I'm not going to mention the efforts I'm taking to resolve this and remove the feedback. Because the interesting part is that I decided to Google the buyer. Yea yea, if you have issues about that you can get off your high horses. Turns out this buyer was arrested 3 years ago in Calif and went to prison for impersonating a police officer. He was found loitering around a shopping area for a few weeks and told employees he was an undercover cop. When the real police picked him up and arrested him, he had 3 Calif police badges and business cards of 3 officers as well as a badge belonging to a Phoenix police officer. He also had 4 loaded guns in his car. Three handguns and one rifle, two of them were reported stolen. They still aren't sure how he got those authentic police badges as I read the article.

Thanks USPS for endangering my life.

LOL, I never googled an actual buyer, but I did google my two worst scammers in eBay history to see if they had a rap sheet (their scamming was so blatant and bold that I figured they had to be criminals somewhere).

The first scammer spent some time in prison between his first and second attempt scamming me (first time he got me for $97 in coins, I was fairly new to doing eBay stuff so there's things I didn't know and I messed up... the second time he bought, on a new account, I refused to ship, he left the worst feedback ever which took me days to get removed because he was leaving a new one every day for each item he bought).

Anyway that scammer was a child molester in Canada... and after his first go around with the penal system, he was allowed back into teaching (his career) and got charged again for the same thing. Now he's banned from teaching for 25 years (at which time he'll be too old to be teaching anywhere). I decided if this scammer ever bothers me again, I'm reporting him to his local PD (being in Canada I can do that). He tried scamming me a third time, and I found out his GF is on eBay scamming people (got her ID, but she hadn't tried scamming me). Anyway it was an evening wasted getting dirt on my scammer.

The other scammer compared me to satan and stole a $45 coinset. Claimed empty box, then posted feedback calling me satan and said I sent the wrong date. (If the box was empty, how did he know which date I sent?) Anyway he has lots of civil charges in his state in the US and lost his business during COVID, at which time he went from being a regular eBayer to a scammer on eBay. eBay kicked him off. (Actually both scammers are kicked off, eBay told me report them with all their IDs and they'll take care of cancelling so I won't have to).

The best getting even I did with a scammer (when I couldn't really do anything really, they had my thing and the refund). He was in Argentina, and in his town I mailed a letter telling him what a beautiful town he lived in and all the great things i saw while I was there. I promised to visit to get my stuff back. (Which I wasn't going to do, but I'd love to have seen the look on his face when he found out I travelled all the way there). It was actually a coincidence that I went to Argentina a month after he scammed me... I was seriously just in the neighbourhood, but attempting to frighten him by being near by was the best I could do. I bet he wasn't expecting someone he scammed in Canada to show up a mile from his house!

C.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

So, we don't know what you kinda sell on eBay.

This is your not selling account, of course.

Some sellers are so secretive....

Sounds like a story...we don't know if it was a 5 dollar purchase or a 500 dollar purchase.

We don't actually know much ado about anything...

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

So, we don't know what you kinda sell on eBay.

This is your not selling account, of course.

Some sellers are so secretive....

Sounds like a story...we don't know if it was a 5 dollar purchase or a 500 dollar purchase.

We don't actually know much ado about anything...

My buyers are more likely to become angry if something goes wrong on a 500 dollar purchase (actually in my store it would be 150-200 dollars... I don't really sell 500 dollar things).

I get more crazies over $5 items, like the woman who bought the DVD 10 years ago and pestered me relentlessly to find her package which was lost in the mail. I offered a refund, she could have bought the DVD from anywhere for the same money she was getting refunded, but she insisted she wanted the one in the picture of my listing. Wouldn't even let me buy her a replacement. What was so annoying about all that, is I was in Africa and using the hotel's internet to reply to all her pestering because waiting 5 days for me to return home would take too long.

C.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Surprise Surprise, ebay Seller Help automated feedback removal accepted my request to remove it. Seriously, that is a bit surprising as I've heard other sellers with similar issues get denied. @rdjchrist keep trying if it's worth it to you. Hopefully someone with authority will see that your negative should be removed.

@12345jamesstamps lol. Secretive huh. Let's put this to the test. If I asked for your full name and home address would you disclose it? Why or why not? Oh and my buyer's purchase was for $25. Not sure if that holds any weight in this though.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

I accidentally posted an envelope last month here with my name and address (return label on it) about a return of a person who had a deceased sticker on it from the post office but he wasn't dead and it got taken down. LOL.

So, I have no secrets...you got my first name and what city I sell in from just looking at my items for sale.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

I have been lucky so far last year and this year. Not sure how I would handle a crazy buyer.

I would probably just refund them immediately and just move on with selling.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

Check this out.

I use a posting ID here also so I get it. But when I have an issue with a buyer, I've been known to request advice and add context to the complaint by posting with that ID. (Fortunately, it hasn't been necessary many times.)

To tell us to "check this out," without showing what we're checking, it's hard to do without seeing the listing and the feedback.

I'm glad you got the feedback removed.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 31
latest reply