cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Envelope blues.

If I had a dime for every time I get an email like this, I'd never have to worry about fees ever again.

"It says delivered, but I didn't receive it."

About the "Standard Envelope" tracking for a patch.

99.9% of the time these are delivered without incident.  I can count on one hand the amount that actually got lost.  However, the fact that the USPS marks the limited tracking as "delivered" before it actually gets into the customers hands is a huge headache.

Can ebay create a form email that gets automatically sent out to customers who buy something with the "ebay standard envelope" shipping explaining to them that the tracking doesn't work like a regular parcel's tracking.  Something, would be nice.  I know it's still young when it comes to patches and I absolutely love using it for that.  I'm not complaining about the service itself.  I'm complaining about the fact that customers have no idea how it works and the wording of "delivered" is misleading.  Perhaps ebay could get the USPS to change the phrase to something like "Delivered to final delivery agent, will be out for final delivery soon" or something to that effect so the customers don't email us in a panic.

Customers who constantly panic about tracking is getting to be terminal.  People need to calm down and learn some patience.

I come from a time where we had to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery without any tracking whatsoever.  Calm down, take a breath and stop checking the tracking info.  I almost never look at tracking info.  I just wait for it to get delivered.  I find that much more rewarding anyway.  Like a little Christmas 😉

Anyone else having this issue with customers and the "standard envelope" tracking?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Standard Envelope blues.

Same Problems, It would be nice if the tracking stated could be delayed a couple of days after it says delivered.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Standard Envelope blues.

Those buyers are probably not checking tracking, but instead reacting because eBay sends an email when there's a delivered scan, but ESE generally isn't delivered until a couple days after the scan.

Here's the info I offer on this forum whenever buyers ask the question (the response I send to my own buyers is a bit different and shorter, but conveys the same basic message).

-----

eBay Standard Envelope (ESE) is a metered mail shipment so it does not receive traditional tracking scans like a package would, and the clerk at the PO counter cannot scan it or track it. The envelope is scanned by sorting machinery at distribution centers along the way.

With ESE, a 'delivered' scan generally occurs at the last USPS sort facility before it gets to the buyer, so typically the buyer will receive their order a few days after the delivered scan.

If you just saw a delivery scan today then I suggest giving a couple more days for the envelope to turn up.

You can sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. You get an email every morning with images of letter mail you'll be receiving that day (ESE should be pictured with the letter mail), and the email will also show a list of package tracking numbers arriving that day.

https://www.usps.com/manage/informed-delivery.htm

When an item is pictured on your informed delivery email, but that item isn't delivered, you can log in to your account at usps.com and report that you didn't receive it. That alerts the PO and they will alert your carrier that a mail piece was missing from your delivery.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Standard Envelope blues.

I would say all got delivered...but a few you can count on one hand say they did not get delivered because the tracking does not say "delivered"....honest buyers?....who knows.

I have never had an item lost last year or this year to date....anything under 20 bucks with no tracking. Actually when I use USPS tracking I still never had an item lost as well.

Some of my tracking items do not state "delivered"...but the buyers turned out to be honest.

I can go back to March 2023 where items are still pending delivery. LOL.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Standard Envelope blues.

As I said, I'm grateful to be able to use the ESE for patches, I just wish there was a way to iron out the tracking issues.  I'm so tired of the emails. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply