cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling International??

Have a customer that's purchased items in the past (eBay international shipping).  He's in Poland.
Address I ship to is a freight forwarder.  I see that address quite often when making labels.
   He's been trying to buy something else, same category.  But he can't
Anybody know why?   Is there something I need to do?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Selling International??

Does he get an error message?

It could be the item, not able to ship to their country.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You mention EIS but then you mentioned a freight forwarder.  Which are they using?  If it’s EIS than eBay may have decided that particular item can’t be shipped there.   If he is using a US freight forwarder’s address I’m not sure what the problem would be.  What message is he getting?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

You mention EIS but then you mentioned a freight forwarder.  Which are they using?  If it’s EIS than eBay may have decided that particular item can’t be shipped there.   If he is using a US freight forwarder’s address I’m not sure what the problem would be.  What message is he getting?

EIS I assume.  
I notice what appears to be a forwarding service address quite often when making labels.
Just assumed it's overseas buyers and EIS.
This buyer has purchased before, not too long ago.   Basically he bought a brake caliper and now he want's another but cannot purchase it.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Check your buyer requirements: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

brightlightbookseller_0-1712342819455.png

The checkboxes that are unchecked on my screen are the ones to look at.  They may have too low of a feedback score and your settings are blocking them from additional purchases within 10 days.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have nothing checked in there.
I just wonder if Poland somehow got excluded from EIS recently?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Some of your items ship to Poland using EIS but quite a few them don't.   I only checked a few that don't ship there and those ones shipped to US only so they weren't using EIS.  That is either because the EIS won't ship that item there or that you are using a shipping policy that doesn't have EIS.  Or...??  There is probably another explanation but I don't know what it would be.  I know that EIS doesn't ship some used auto parts but that obviously isn't true of all of them.

It doesn't make sense that they could buy one brake calipher and not the other.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@redlinear wrote:

Have a customer that's purchased items in the past (eBay international shipping).  He's in Poland.
Address I ship to is a freight forwarder.  I see that address quite often when making labels.
   He's been trying to buy something else, same category.  But he can't
Anybody know why?   Is there something I need to do?

You need to check and make sure that ALL your listings actually offer EIS for International. I randomly checked a few and also looked using foreign locations, many were not showing EIS to at least some International locations

What is the specific listing that your Polish buyer is blocked from buying?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You have 578 items listed it would help if we knew which item it was. Without that it's hard to say what the problem may be but the following lists some of the restrictions if you are using the EIS program. If the buyer is still using a FF then it's another issue since it would not be recognized, at least from a shipping perspective, as an international sale. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin... 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply