cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Shock

This is one of the more interesting listings I have seen for the infamous Trump Shoes. Seller has been active since 2/14/2024 and is listing a pair of the shoes on an auction for $100K. What is interesting is they have set a reserve on the auction which means that if they do not sell the seller is going to get hit with FVF's on the reserve, which I am assuming is over the $100K. It may come as quite a shock to the seller if this situation plays out. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1708605150629.png

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Seller Shock

They will be charged a reserve fee when it is listed and each time it is listed.  Maximum is $250

$5.00 or 7.5% of reserve price, whichever is greater (maximum fee $250)
Charged whether or not your item sells

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

They will be charged a reserve fee when it is listed and each time it is listed.  Maximum is $250

$5.00 or 7.5% of reserve price, whichever is greater (maximum fee $250)
Charged whether or not your item sells

I fully realize that I am just not sure this seller does. 😀

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

That is not what you said

What is interesting is they have set a reserve on the auction which means that if they do not sell the seller is going to get hit with FVF's on the reserve, which I am assuming is over the $100K.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

That is not what you said

What is interesting is they have set a reserve on the auction which means that if they do not sell the seller is going to get hit with FVF's on the reserve, which I am assuming is over the $100K.

Poor wording on my part. I am assuming the reserve is over $100K so seller would get hit with FVF's on the reserve up to a max of $250 as you stated. The listing also has a best offer option so who knows what the reserve is or what games the seller could play with this listing. 

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

Just one question:  Other than the novelty factor, why are we even paying attention to this? 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

@dbfolks166mt 

The other day there was a pair that were listed pre sale for $500,000.  Are people insane? I reported it and it was removed.  So was the seller.  They all need to be removed.  Can't wait for all the complaints that will posted all over this forum on how they were cheated and misled, especially the ones selling photos and posters & don't forget raffle tickets.  What a mess!

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

" Are people insane?"

Yes, and many of them seem to be making a lot of money these days.  But its not nice to call anyone insane, we have to be good people or we will be banned.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

@dbfolks166mt 

Most of them don't realize it...they also will find out that they're not going to see any money until they ship them.  Most are new sellers looking to sell and dash.  More complaints from dishonest sellers here on the forum as well.  Can't wait! 😆

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

Just one question:  Other than the novelty factor, why are we even paying attention to this? 

It's things like this that give eBay a bad reputation and they seem unable to pro-actively address the issue on their own. 

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

@deltilogical 

My comment wasn't aimed at one individual...it's just shocking to me that these sellers think that this scam is going to work in their favor.  They are violating policies, listing fraudulent items that don't exist, sell photos for exorbitant amounts which are misleading & dishonest in my opinion and some have even offered raffle tickets so there are no guarantees if the buyer is going to receive them or not.  In most cases it's just a total scam.  Sorry I offended you with my outlook.  It wasn't personal. 

Happy Selling

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

@ckimodog wrote:

The other day there was a pair that were listed pre sale for $500,000.  Are people insane?

I suspect the point of these listings is to attract communication from people who are gullible enough to fall for a "let's take it off eBay" scam. The seller will be NARU soon because he won't actually pay the reserve fee. 

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

@dbfolks166mt 

Now there are sellers that are showing photos of the receipts, no shoes.  Those can be faked easily.  Yikes!

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

It's sort of sad because of the reserve. That makes it look like they've done a search on eBay and actually believe all the nonsense fake ads and their prices.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Seller Shock

Poor seller didn't sell the shoes, listing was removed and still has to pay the reserve fee.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 31
latest reply