cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search shows extremely high shipping cost

I'm a seller in Canada and I've noticed that my sales to the USA have dropped off significantly. When searching on ebay.com (or ebay.ca), the shipping fees show significantly higher in the search results than on the listing itself, whenever any US zip code is used, and I believe this may be a significant contributing factor to the lack of sales.

This is affecting all my listings. I have already spent 4 hours with eBay support attempting to resolve this issue to no avail, plus my own troubleshooting: changing shippers, shipping policy, creating new listings, etc. Probably 6 hours in total trying to resolve this; now I've lost all confidence in eBay support and feel like they are giving me the runaround.

One example:

Search result:

Image 2024-04-24 at 1.48.39 AM.png

Actual shipping options on the listing page for the same item:

Image 2024-04-24 at 1.49.04 AM.png

Does anybody have any clue what's going on here? I figure it should show the lowest (or at least one of the actual shipping options on the listing page) on the search page. 

Have used a VPN and had a friend check from the USA as well, and they confirmed the same problem with the search results.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Search shows extremely high shipping cost

@timelesstechtrove wrote:

@a_c_green wrote:

One thought that occurred to me, though it may no longer be relevant given the recent discoveries about the UPS Shipping method, was whether the OP's use of metric units (Kg/g/cm/cm/cm) instead of Imperial units (Lbs/oz/in/in/in) for the Shipping details might be producing a calculation error someplace, in a function that's assuming it has Imperial units for shipping when the values passed in from the listing are actually metric.

Don't even get me started on that one. That's another issue that's existed since the dawn of time here. I would prefer to use Imperial, but it just doesn't work, and it never has (for me, at least.)

Oh, go on. Have a rant. You've earned it and you'll feel better. 😊 How does Imperial not work in your application (on the Canadian site, I assume)?

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: Search shows extremely high shipping cost

I never have noticed this difficulty. Must be a glitch that only impacts a few?  Hope the seller gets it straighten out!  

Message 32 of 32
latest reply