cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales promotion not working for international buyers?

Hi, and any help offered on this issue is greatly appreciated in advance. I have tried to run sales promotions for "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" etc, and they work perfectly for domestic buyers (I am located in the US), but it appears when people in say, the UK, go to add items to their "basket" the sales promotion does NOT work for them, at all. I called eBay and was told it SHOULD be working worldwide, but it clearly does not. I even signed in as a guest on ebay.co.uk to test this out, and the promotion does not even appear on that website while it is active on the US website. Can anyone help with this? Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Only domestic orders are eligible for combined shipping. International orders must be paid and shipped separately because of declarations and import (vat) taxes. A workaround would be to make a special bundle for an international buyer that reflects as both items being purchased together as a "set" or lot.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@wallaceanderson2015 wrote:
Only domestic orders are eligible for combined shipping. International orders must be paid and shipped separately because of declarations and import (vat) taxes.

Not true!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pops_paper wrote:

Hi, and any help offered on this issue is greatly appreciated in advance. I have tried to run sales promotions for "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" etc, and they work perfectly for domestic buyers (I am located in the US), but it appears when people in say, the UK, go to add items to their "basket" the sales promotion does NOT work for them, at all. I called eBay and was told it SHOULD be working worldwide, but it clearly does not. I even signed in as a guest on ebay.co.uk to test this out, and the promotion does not even appear on that website while it is active on the US website. Can anyone help with this? Thank you.

Your listings appear to ship only to the USA. Obviously if you don't ship Internationally then there will be no promotion showing to International buyers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I agree that Wallace is incorrect although I appreciate the reply. This is NOT my main account, I am looking for an answer to my question, it still does NOT work even with international sales being active the sales promotion does not work.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Are you saying in your reply that sales promotions SHOULD work for international buyers? That is my main concern. If they SHOULD be working, then why aren't they? I make international sales on a consistent basis and none of my customers can see this promotion nor is it visible on ebay.co.uk

Message 6 of 6
latest reply