cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past or present defeated feelings?

As an online seller, was there a point in your life that you have felt defeat & it was impacting many aspects of your life?  Without giving specific details & sharing more than you are comfortable with, what may have helped you through it the most?  I thought I would throw in a discussion that is apart from the usual complaints, glitches, queries that can be draining.  🙂   I'm on my second 'rut.'  1st one involved being broke & the loss of a parent.  It took 7 months to get through & part of it was getting decent (although not high paying) work & kept selling.  Stayed there for over 8 years.  Left due to moving & tried starting online full time again.  Success varied until after COVID then, downhill.  Apologizes if this bores you! Oh yes - toiled at the flea market with random awesome Sundays & too many pathetic ones.  Worse was $9.  Best was $2600!   lol  

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Past or present defeated feelings?

Thanks for the added context @sin-n-dex . I know the healthcare system is more complicated than "free with long waits", but as a non-Canadian I was not aware of the specifics on that type of doctor.

Even so, perhaps there is a community center near the OP that has weekly/monthly meetings? A place to connect with others and discuss what's on your mind. 🤷

OP could even start their own local eBay Seller Meetup to meet with other sellers and discuss their challenges.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks for the added context @sin-n-dex . I know the healthcare system is more complicated than "free with long waits", but as a non-Canadian I was not aware of the specifics on that type of doctor.

Even so, perhaps there is a community center near the OP that has weekly/monthly meetings? A place to connect with others and discuss what's on your mind. 🤷

OP could even start their own local eBay Seller Meetup to meet with other sellers and discuss their challenges.

I have a posse that I use for my eBay related stuff to help cope with things... various people in my support group help with different things, like deciding what I should sell, if I should order certain things, how much to charge, how to deal with a certain difficult customer. I chat on the phone about eBay stuff a few times a week.

For things that depend on someone who knows how eBay works, I post here, since the members of my group do not know the rules of eBay and that stuff always needs to be explained along with the problem.

I suspect the OP uses eBay seller forum as some form of support group to cope with the ups and downs of selling. If you can find people outside of the internet to talk to, that's pretty helpful. All the people I discuss eBay with are outside friends who don't email messages with me.

C.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

I think for me just staying busy regardless of the performance of my store helps. It's been super duper incredibly slow for me since September 2023, so I've been filling the time with job #1 and the family. This too shall pass.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@sakic92710 

I have read your posts thru the years and you've stated your ups and downs ( mostly downs).

You're in Canada with free healthcare, right? I know the waits are long, but get on the list to speak with someone. Remember that speaking with someone does not mean there is anything wrong with you. Everybody needs support sometimes and that's what speaking with a counselor can be for you.

Sakic92710.           

For more immediate support & help, acquire a cat or dog as a companion

May you enjoy Happiness, Love & Peace

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@sakic92710 

I have read your posts thru the years and you've stated your ups and downs ( mostly downs).

You're in Canada with free healthcare, right? I know the waits are long, but get on the list to speak with someone. Remember that speaking with someone does not mean there is anything wrong with you. Everybody needs support sometimes and that's what speaking with a counselor can be for you.

Sakic92710.           

For more immediate support & help, acquire a cat or dog as a companion

May you enjoy Happiness, Love & Peace

That's a great idea, although not for everyone... since I took up sewing I haven't acquired a new pet because of animal hair. I also took up dealing stamps when my ex-spouse moved out with our bird. She liked to chew all sorts of paper things. The bird did like sitting on my shoulder watching me photograph my eBay stuff... it was kind of cute how she pried open the door to my room and climbed up to my shoulder to sit with me.

C.

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

My last dog made it to 17.  I had to put her down 2 years ago.  Would love another dog but I'm in an apt. & don't like the idea of keeping pets cooped up in a small place & don't enjoy walking in all of the weather.  lol  I've said goodbye to so many dogs (7)  & cats (5).  Also want a break from that heartache.  I cannot afford a pet, either.  In case a health issue comes up.  Still owe the vet for putting my dog down!  😞

Message 36 of 36
latest reply