cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our sales are down significantly any came to an abrupt halt 11 days ago.

Our sales have fallen off a cliff. We have been on ebay for years and have over 560 listings at the moment. We owned an ebay consignment company and sold it about 13 years ago with over 10,000 positive feedback. We have always sold vintage and estate items.  Overall, the last 31 days dollar amount was impressive because of some Tiffany china we sold, however, we have not had one sale or inquiry in the last 11 days. It seems very odd. Any suggestions? We do not use "make offer" since we find that people make offers regardless of whether you stipulate that or not. We are starting to research other on-line platforms since our physical sales outside of ebay are doing well.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Our sales are down significantly any came to an abrupt halt 11 days ago.

There are quite few similar reports on this board, established sellers with 1000's of feedbacks  with years of experience report a sudden drop in views and sales, your items are selling well outside of Ebay so you can probably assume it has something to do with Ebay changing something, maybe the new Advanced Promoted Listings scheme/scam?

you are not alone...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello,Please factor in the current shape of our nation,Our people; Not everyone in a good financial position right now,There are mass evictions,loss of unemployment benefit's and so on

Those that are working or financialy prosperous are remaining tight with their dollar (Priority First)

We are all in the same boat,Many stores are seeing a drop in sales

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@flyingmvp wrote:

There are quite few similar reports on this board, established sellers with 1000's of feedbacks  with years of experience report a sudden drop in views and sales, your items are selling well outside of Ebay so you can probably assume it has something to do with Ebay changing something, maybe the new Advanced Promoted Listings scheme/scam?

you are not alone...

@uptownantiques 

What flying wrote - search the boards - there are quite a few of us in the same boat (no oars, evidently)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, you have been "gathered" by eBay. For months now, eBay has been cutting views on sellers in groups at a time to promote the roll out of their new Promoted Listings Advanced in hopes that you will try it to get views. PLA is supposed to be our saving grace from an artificial man-made lack of views.

eBay also changed the view system to make views absolutely unique. We used to get several view counts from the same entity, now we do not. Bot and artificial views no longer count either.

Take your pick, you've been hit with one or the other and quite possibly both. We are all in the same boat once we've been gathered and it seems this is how it will be from time of gathering forward.

It's not our economy, it's not the state of the world, it's eBay running this ship aground.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@erkosuniverse wrote:

Hello,Please factor in the current shape of our nation,Our people; Not everyone in a good financial position right now,There are mass evictions,loss of unemployment benefit's and so on

Those that are working or financialy prosperous are remaining tight with their dollar (Priority First)

We are all in the same boat,Many stores are seeing a drop in sales

OP stated: "our physical sales outside of ebay are doing well."

The same for more sellers who report  their FBA sales are doing good, Ebay sales, suddenly and very recently stopped (after the fall update)

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes, we think it may have to do with the advanced promoted listings too. Thanks for making us aware that we are not alone!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

This seems to happen every time eBay makes any major change - probably their advanced promoted listings money grab this time.   Sometimes the level of sales return - sometimes they don't.  It's not only vintage and estate items being affected (only 30% of my listings) - in my case books, craft supplies, and sports stuff have also been impacted.  

This will be my first week since all four accounts were converted to managed payments six months ago that I will have no weekly Tuesday payout on any of my accounts.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Please read my new post about this same topic as so many of us are experiencing the same as you. It is called a new perspective. You'll find it. Not sure if there is any advice I can offer you other than keep plugging away and pray God will increase your sales. I don't see any help coming from Ebay.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yes, sales are down, and you are not alone. We have been getting quite a bit of people here saying their sales are also down. I don't know why. Perhaps they will pick up soon. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply