cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFSITE ADS BETA HA,HA,HA,HA

WOOOOOOOW!

This is not off site ads. Another ebay trick to milk sellers out of money. Ebay need to come clean and just say it's "PRODUCT AD PLACEMENT ON EBAY".  Now ebay comes with offsite ads, when for years ebay told sellers that their products will be promoted off site also. Ebay use to do that, however,  because of very bad decisions by ebay, and lose of money because of those bad decisions, ebay came up with tricks to hit the sellers for every penny ebay can get from seller. Now let me tell you what ebay is doing with offsite ads, they want sellers to opt in, and get $100.  People who been selling online you heard this before many years ago. Search engines -BING, GOOGLES, use to do this. BING still do.  The different is that ebay have full control what is posted, money etc. That $100 can diappear in a matter of mintues, and you can end up paying ebay a lot of money without making any sales. On the other hand, YOU, YOURSELF, can do this on BING, and have full control of ad products, money flow, etc., etc.  ebay from out that by slowing sellers sales, forcing sellers to promoted listings,  offering offsite fake ads to get more sellers money to make up millions they lost from their bad decisions, "EBAY IS NO LONGER A BUSINESS MARKET PLACE FOR SELLERS, AND BUYERS. EBAY DECISION MAKERS HAS MADE EBAY A  PRODUCT PAYMENT SEARCH ENGINE FOR SELLERS. EBAY IS JUST TAKING WHAT BING AND GOOGLE HAVE DONE TO MAKE MONEY WITH ADS, AND EBAY IS USING EBAY AS A SEARCH AD ENGINE.  WHY PAY EBAY, FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN DO YOURSELF ON BING, AND SAVE A LOT OF MONEY, AND IN FULL CONTROL. Someone from ebay will see this post, and retaliate. Ebay use to retaliate against people who expose their tricks every now and than. Now ebay retaliate against many sellers who expose them. Ebay promote sellers products, if those sellers would lie, saying how good ebay is. If you want your product to be seen more, for sales, LIE FOR EBAY, MAKE VIDEOS STATING HOW WONDERFUL EBAY IS, AND THOSE LIES WILL GET YOU A FEW MORE SALES.  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: OFFSITE ADS BETA HA,HA,HA,HA

Ethical business behavior 101

Do not lie, cheat, steal

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I wouldn't worry about eBay retaliating because of your post (which really is saying nothing that hasn't been repeated here numerous times) - none of us are that important.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

We are capable of making decisions and choices.  Because Ebay offers a Tool does NOT mean you are required to use it.  If you don't like it, it is simple, don't use it.  Not every Tool is right for every seller.  I simply don't understand why some sellers are upset at Ebay offering an option that some sellers find useful and some don't.  OPTIONS are a very good thing.

"Someone from ebay will see this post, and retaliate.  Ebay use to retaliate against people who expose their tricks every now and than. Now ebay retaliate against many sellers who expose them."

Can you prove that?  It is a pretty serious statement.  And if you actually believed that, why would you expose yourself to it.?  My bet is you are only slinging mud because you are upset that Ebay is offering a tool to sellers that you don't like.  Not sure why it has to be something you approve of, but you are entitled to your point of view.  As are the sellers that are using the Tool and LIKE it.

I personally don't use it nor do I use many of the other Tools Ebay offers.  I just use what works for me.  This particular Tool doesn't really fit my needs.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

What you saying is a ebay talking point, to help ebay trick people. Many sellers will opt into ebay tricks later to find out, what ebay was saying,  is different what they are doing in milk sellers out their money.  Many sellers found this out after ebay sold them a con job, and they would be paying ebay a lot of money without any sells, nor many sells.  Ebay keep coming up with a new trick every other month.  Trick, after trick, instead of ebay being honest with sellers. Ebay went as far as telling youtube influencers who criticized ebay for bad decisions, ebay would promote their items, if they say wonderful things about ebay.  As for ebay retaliation due to my post, ebay stop all my promoted listing as retaliation. Although I have promoted listing at a good rate, however, as of this writing I don't have one listing being promoted by ebay. That's one of many ways ebay retaliates. I expected it. They always do.  Those who is trying to defend ebay is usually ebay mods, those who work for ebay, and those who ebay is giving REWARDS TO, to defend ebay.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

If this was the 16th century, $100 made you a millionaire. LOL!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Well ebay think sellers are very important to trick, and con them out of every penny!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I have been dealing with ebay for many years, and many years of retaliation here and there. There are thousands of posts in this community of people saying the same on how ebay retaliated against them. A famous case of a couple that ebay retaliated against them so bad, that some of ebay employees was arrested.  All the couple did was criticize ebay for their decisions. 

So, when you USE THAT EBAY TALKING POINT PROVE IT? I DON'T HAVE TO BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE HAS ALREADY DID MANY TIMES OVER.  If you go back on some of my past posts, people use that same ebay talking point. Fast foward a few months later "I WAS RIGHT"!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@easm05 wrote:

What you saying is a ebay talking point, to help ebay trick people. Many sellers will opt into ebay tricks later to find out, what ebay was saying,  is different what they are doing in milk sellers out their money.  Many sellers found this out after ebay sold them a con job, and they would be paying ebay a lot of money without any sells, nor many sells.  Ebay keep coming up with a new trick every other month.  Trick, after trick, instead of ebay being honest with sellers. Ebay went as far as telling youtube influencers who criticized ebay for bad decisions, ebay would promote their items, if they say wonderful things about ebay.  As for ebay retaliation due to my post, ebay stop all my promoted listing as retaliation. Although I have promoted listing at a good rate, however, as of this writing I don't have one listing being promoted by ebay. That's one of many ways ebay retaliates. I expected it. They always do.  Those who is trying to defend ebay is usually ebay mods, those who work for ebay, and those who ebay is giving REWARDS TO, to defend ebay.

Well sure it is a talking point because it is a fact.  It is a Tool sellers can CHOOSE to use or NOT to use.  Just like Variation Listings, Markdown Manager, Promoted Listings, Volume Pricing, Coupons, Calculated Shipping, etc. etc.  They are all Tools that sellers can choose to use or not to use, totally within the seller's control.

I don't see where the "trick" is.  If you don't like it, simply don't sign up to use it.  Why is it any more complicated than that.  Or are you of the opinion that sellers aren't capable of making a decision on whether this is a useful tool for them??

Did your account fall Below Standard?  If so, per the rules the seller would not be able to use the promoted listing tools while their account is Below Standard.  

If Ebay turned off your PL, or your access to PL, there is a reason and it isn't because you posted here.  Your posts are pretty tame in comparison to some that have been posted in the community.  

What I've shared are facts.  Because you choose to view a Tool as a Trick, I can't answer that for you.  IDK why you would want to limit all sellers to just your view point on how to sell.  That is a very myopic way to look at things especially since sellers are a diverse group of people with various needs to sell.  Everyone is not exactly like you or have exactly the same needs or desires as you do.

What "rewards"?  There you go again trying to just sling mud with absolutely no back up for what you say.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

good its helpful for me 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Every time my sales are slow, that's ebay retaliating against me. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Choosing to participate is the off site ads could greatly improve your sales. People do search with some frequency on these landing pages and if you have a popular product that you can afford to pay for with the ads it could drive a lot of business to ALL YOUR LISTINGS. DO NOT assume ebay is tricking you into anything. YOU choose how you spend your ad money.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Hate to burst your bubble but when I started promoting even at a low level I got more sales simply because those listings stood out more prominently in various places on the site. It absolutely works for us. And, we make a good profit.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yeah, right. No need for that. Too many others just use their common sense and business sense to make decisions regarding their account. Always plenty of folks who either do not or care not to use ebay tools to improve their results. That is just too bad. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

You work for ebay, or ebay is giving you rewards for defending them. We know ebay put out the message to all who say good things about ebay. "IF SELLERS SAY GOOD THINGS TOWARDS EBAY, WE WILL PROMOTE YOUR LISTING AS A REWARD". The other part ebay did not place, "NO MATTER HOW BAD OUR DECISIONS ARE, AND TRICKING, AND CONING YOU OUT YOUR MONEY, SAY SOMETHING GOOD SO WE CAN THROW YOU A BONE". THANK YOU, WE ARE HERE TO TAKE--WE MEAN HERE TO HELP YOU."

Message 15 of 16
latest reply