cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & conduct your own business under someone else's rule of thumb!, It's really a shame, This is not the ebay I signed up with, promising to Help you build your business, Now they do everything but!, Empty Promises, Comment if you want, I may not comment back, What I do know is when it is time to renew my store,I will not, & In fact I may just shut down completely & box it all up & take a nice long Hiatus from this Maniacal Madness!

Message 1 of 298
latest reply
297 REPLIES 297

Re: New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

@sumsum70 wrote:

Some yes, but then they also have contracts for engineers, programmers, developers, web designers and more.  To try to frame it as a loss of CSRs only is meant to cause undue concern and upset to others not to mention it isn't true.

Unless eBay puts out a list of everyone shown the door, employees and contractors alike, it is all speculation. Based on my own experiences, eBay has used almost every means possible to eliminate human CSR interactions by automating the communication of "you lose, not sorry, goodbye".

Yet you want to make it seem that they were all CSRs as a fact.

You might find this article interesting.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2024/01/24/ebay-layoffs-impact-category-managers-software-engineers/

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 121 of 298
latest reply

NO, actually, I never wanted to make anything seem like anything. 

I was referring to your reply to someone else. You were quick to point out that the 1000 "employees" were not all CSRs. I don't disagree with that statement. But your cited news article says the contracted workforce is also being reduced. No numbers were given for the contractors. I said it is possible that more than 1000 CSRs will be gone. I stand by that statement. Based on my experience, eBay doesn't want real-person support interactions. eBay wants your money and if you have a problem, the plan is for the plaintiff to give up out of exasperation.

ebayreply.jpg

Message 122 of 298
latest reply

Since the past 5 years or so. ebay forces me to ship everything within 24 hours, otherwise none of my orders will arrive on time. They ignore my shipping policies entirely, and I can make a sure bet I am not alone.

I have 3 day handling times for my of the items I sell, yet ebay tells my buyers they will receive their orders in 3 days, which is ridiculous.

Fact: Sellers have no control over the estimated delivery dates that ebay provides to buyers.

Message 123 of 298
latest reply

Well they certainly force me to ship overnight, according the delivery estimates they provide my buyers.

Message 124 of 298
latest reply

@gamersbaystore 

I forgot to add that Mercari can NOT enforce a 3 day return policy.  There are Consumer Protection laws not to mention Chargebacks.

Message 125 of 298
latest reply

We are saying the same thing. Foot traffic is people walking by the store. Ebay is main street.

It is up to our own store to attract them with our prices and pictures and purchase.

Message 126 of 298
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

Since the past 5 years or so. ebay forces me to ship everything within 24 hours, otherwise none of my orders will arrive on time. They ignore my shipping policies entirely, and I can make a sure bet I am not alone.

I have 3 day handling times for my of the items I sell, yet ebay tells my buyers they will receive their orders in 3 days, which is ridiculous.

Fact: Sellers have no control over the estimated delivery dates that ebay provides to buyers.

I'm confused, so bare with me while I try to understand and learn.

How and why does Ebay "force" you to ship everything within 24 hours?  What makes your account different than other sellers that Ebay would do this?

Regarding items arriving on time, that is a carrier thing and would not cause Ebay to "force" you to ship vial and expedited manner.

When you look at the ETA on the item if it were to ship today, are you viewing that with your account and your zip code?  The ETA is by zip code, so if you view it in the same zip code that the item will ship to, then it will show that it will arrive quickly.  Change your zip code or use a different account with a different zip code and you will see the ETA will change.

Message 127 of 298
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

Well they certainly force me to ship overnight, according the delivery estimates they provide my buyers.

No they don't.  You just look at it that way, likely because you are looking at the ETAs from your own zip code.  None of your listings show expedited shipping nor could you even break even on some of the things you sell if you did that.

With that said, I'm not sure how you are shipping via Media Mail for $3.50 or First Class / Ground advantage for $3.95?  How do you do that?  I'm sincerely asking.  Media Mail is $4.13 for the first pound.  GA depending on where you are shipping to on a light weight item can often be $4.60 ish and upwards.

Message 128 of 298
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

I think they actually base some of their estimates on your actual performance. I have 3 day handling and often use all 3 days and usually only get a late delivery ding when the post office sits on something for a long time.

Message 129 of 298
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

This is in stark contrast to Mercari, which charges sellers no store or listing fees of any kind. Lower fees translate to lower prices for shoppers on Mercari, and higher profits for sellers.

If Mercari is just shifting fees to buyers, how does that translate to lower prices on Mercari? If there is a $100 item on Mercari, won't they now pay $110?  And let's pretend that a seller reduces the price to $91 because he no longer has selling fees - doesn't the buyer end up paying $100, which is what he would have paid before the change in fees?  Not sure how any of this helps buyer or seller, once the dust settles.

Message 130 of 298
latest reply

People get too worked up over being told that eBay isn't a "job."  It isn't - words have meaning.  That doesn't mean that one can't make a good living on eBay, or even what a "job" would, or more.  eBay can be a great income for some, but a "job" it is not, unless you are a paid regular employee of an eBay seller.  

Message 131 of 298
latest reply

@onefootflippers wrote:

@gamersbaystore wrote:

I think they actually base some of their estimates on your actual performance. I have 3 day handling and often use all 3 days and usually only get a late delivery ding when the post office sits on something for a long time.

If you ship within you stated handling time you should not be getting ANY late shipment defects because of USPS delays.

This is the statement on the Seller Dashboard for late shipments:  If you ship on time and upload validated tracking or your buyers tell us the shipment was on time when they leave feedback, you're all set.

Message 132 of 298
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

People get too worked up over being told that eBay isn't a "job."  It isn't - words have meaning.  That doesn't mean that one can't make a good living on eBay, or even what a "job" would, or more.  eBay can be a great income for some, but a "job" it is not, unless you are a paid regular employee of an eBay seller.  

For you it may not be a job, I respect that.  For me it is.  I work to create listings, manage listings, find new inventory, customer support, package and ship items, etc.  I don't only sell on Ebay, but still my selling here is a job no matter if you agree with me or not.  I earn what I'm paid.  I provide a service and I'm paid for it.

That may not be true for you, but for me it is what I do to earn money.  It allowed me to work from home as I raised my kids.  That is a wonderful thing and my kids are much better off for it.

Message 133 of 298
latest reply

We are reminded here countless times that Ebay has changed since it beginning.  It certainly became a place where people can, did, and still make a full time job/earnings here.

Message 134 of 298
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

Definition of "job".  Yes, words have meaning.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 135 of 298
latest reply