cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & conduct your own business under someone else's rule of thumb!, It's really a shame, This is not the ebay I signed up with, promising to Help you build your business, Now they do everything but!, Empty Promises, Comment if you want, I may not comment back, What I do know is when it is time to renew my store,I will not, & In fact I may just shut down completely & box it all up & take a nice long Hiatus from this Maniacal Madness!

Message 1 of 298
latest reply
297 REPLIES 297

Re: New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

You're starting to get almost as unbearable as sakic.

Message 16 of 298
latest reply

Yes I have, But things improved enough to stick around, My store expires in the Fall & unless things drastically improve, That will be it!, I am already retired, Poor health,Do not need the aggravation & frustration anymore, This was a decent supplemental income, But it's not even that anymore!, We shall see.

Message 17 of 298
latest reply

Thank You!, We shall see my store expires in the fall, I don't know if I would chime in, Probably more like a Very Loud Banging Drum!

Message 18 of 298
latest reply

I just meant there is no real need to reply

Message 19 of 298
latest reply

That's a Compliment, Thanks!!

Message 20 of 298
latest reply

This is not aimed at the original poster. This is aimed at everyone else.

You aren't going to sell anything ever if your prices are terrible.

You can't sell DVDs for $24 shipped when the competition has them at $6 shipped.

You can't sell Hallmark ornaments for $17 shipped when the competition has them at $7 shipped.

You can't guess your prices and there is nothing in the world that you can do to make people pay more than market rate on items. 

There is a certain item I have quantity on and sell 4 or 5 times a week for the past 3 months. I am 1 penny cheaper than my competition is and I am getting basically 100 percent of the sales on the website for this item.

Message 21 of 298
latest reply

The overall costs of doing business greatly dictates prices. I can sell a DVD on Mercari for $2.50 and turn a profit, I could not do the same on ebay, and its because the costs of doing business on ebay are far greater than competing platforms.

Your claims that sellers prices are too high ignores the reality of ebay's exorbitant fees, along with greatly inflated shipping costs we are all forced to endure.

If its lower prices you seek, then ebay is not the place for you, because the associated costs of conducting business here are not cheap. I'm just not finding any logic in your argument.

I pay 15% for most of my categories, then another 10%+ for promoted listing fees, with ebay taking an overall cut of 25%+ of the sale on average. How do you expect sellers to lower their prices when the associated costs are so incredibly high?

Message 22 of 298
latest reply

Did you not read the title? "No Replies Needed

The complainers never miss an opportunity to complain 

Message 23 of 298
latest reply

No reason for rude remarks, not all of us were born with a silver spoon in our mouths like yourself. Its amazing how the cheerleaders here seem to think that because they're financially sound that everyone else is as well.

Life is not a walk in the park for everyone. You people who bad mouth others who're struggling to survive leaves a lot to be desired. I'm glad you've been spoon fed since birth, the rest of us are working to death to barely scrape by.

Message 24 of 298
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

The overall costs of doing business greatly dictates prices. I can sell a DVD on Mercari for $2.50 and turn a profit, I could not do the same on ebay, and its because the costs of doing business on ebay are far greater than competing platforms.

Your claims that sellers prices are too high ignores the reality of ebay's exorbitant fees, along with greatly inflated shipping costs we are all forced to endure.

If its lower prices you seek, then ebay is not the place for you, because the associated costs of conducting business here are not cheap. I'm just not finding any logic in your argument.

I pay 15% for most of my categories, then another 10%+ for promoted listing fees, with ebay taking an overall cut of 25%+ of the sale on average. How do you expect sellers to lower their prices when the associated costs are so incredibly high?

You don't find any logic in what I am saying because you are looking at it from your very entrenched point of view and business model which I am guessing is actually not working for you. Actually looking at the store, definitely not working, as your whole store is essentially common items that are easy to move but none of them are moving because the competition has undercut you on everything. You have a 68 month sell through rate. What you are doing is not working.  

Why would you expect someone to pay $23 for a DVD when it is available for $5.99 on the exact same website, same condition. 

The customers don't care about your seller fees.

The customers don't care about your promoted listing fees.

The customers don't care about your margins or your inability to sell at a competitive price, they just move along and buy from the person who somehow does have the ability to sell at a competitive price. 

I do feel for you, your store appears to be all media. Charity sellers have ruined the media category. They can ship the item out for $2 cheaper than we can, and have sent the price of almost all common media down to levels we cannot compete with.  You aren't going to sell that new copy of "Say Anything" for $13.50 shipped when you have 20 competitors under $7 and 200 competitors under $10.

I basically completely abandoned DVDs, blu rays and disc based video games 2 years ago and I never looked back.

Message 25 of 298
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I kinda look at the weather...it's been pretty bad in the midwest and east coast as well as Texas...so my sales are down as well to almost nothing.

But it has given me free time to enjoy the weather on the west coast.

And I am able to list new items.

eBay was never meant to be a place to have as a full time job instead of a real job...just to sell a few items.

Can you please tell the IRS that selling online is not a "real" job? They keep taxing me as if it is. 😖

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 298
latest reply

I totally feel your pain. Things have gotten so bad on ebay that I moved the majority of my inventory to alternate platforms well over a year ago. I just can't afford to wait eons to get a single view, much less a single sale, and this platform is clearly going down the tubes.

Likewise, its tough to make money from anything right now. Not only are my sales dead slow, but my hours have been drastically cut at my regular job. I make $15 an hour, but only work 15 to 20 hours per week max because my employer's business is not doing well either.

There's very little if any work here in Missouri, you have better odds of winning the powerball than finding a full time job here. Everything is part time, 10 to 15 hours a week if you're lucky, and some don't even get that.

At this point, I have to rely on my e-commerce sales to make up the difference somehow.

Message 27 of 298
latest reply

You cannot sell a DVD for $5.99 with free shipping on ebay and turn a profit, that is literally impossible. Its $4.13 to ship a single DVD, not including any associated selling fees. I take it you think cars, insurance, gasoline, computers, printers, ebay's fees, packaging materials, etc, are all somehow free.

Again, there are associated costs with conducting business here, an issue you're clearly in denial over. Your argument is pure baloney and you know it.

Message 28 of 298
latest reply

The irony of your claims sellers prices are too high, all while you charge $6 to ship a single book.

Message 29 of 298
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

You cannot sell a DVD for $5.99 with free shipping on ebay and turn a profit, that is literally impossible. Its $4.13 to ship a single DVD, not including any associated selling fees. I take it you think cars, insurance, gasoline, computers, printers, ebay's fees, packaging materials, etc, are all somehow free.

Again, there are associated costs with conducting business here, an issue you're clearly in denial over. Your argument is pure baloney and you know it.

YOU can't sell a DVD for 5.99 shipped. The charity sellers can, they only pay 2 percent ebay fees and they have cheaper media mail rates than we do. Thus what I said they can ship it out $2 cheaper than we can.

Once again, the customers don't care about your expenses and don't care if you are making or losing money. That $5.99 shipped one makes anything more than $1 higher essentially unsellable. 

I am not in denial about anything. I am getting great sales. I think you would too if you moved out of media, media just isn't an even playing field to compete in.

Also, sent you a message about an expanding employer in our area that might be a good match for you. 

Message 30 of 298
latest reply