cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Ship To Italy

I recently sold a $1250 collector’s item (3DS) to a buyer in Italy. Biggest mistake I have ever made. After a whole month and multiple redirects, the package was finally delivered to the buyer. A few minutes later they open a item not as described and sent pictures of the box opened with a battery charger inside… No options for me to dispute the return claim or anything just 3 neat options, accept return, give refund, give partial refund. So now I have to pay an extra $70 to get a AA battery charger and probably still have to refund as Ebay always sides with buyer or just refund and accept a $1250 loss. Life is not worth living sometimes.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Never Ship To Italy

Italy is one of those countries that should not even be a part of the platform. Nothing but trouble.

Their customs takes way longer than the estimated delivery time, many "buyers" have clued in on this as a way to get free items. Another problem is that their postal tracking updates retroactively.

Had  a case not too long ago where a buyer opened a "INR" case against me where the tracking info updated several weeks later and it turned out that the guy opened the "INR" as soon as he had the merchandise in his hands.

I sent a few angry emails to ebay and eventually got a refund, but all in all it is not worth the headache.

Just block Italy.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I don't see the item in your sold listings. You may have a couple options depending on how this shipped. Did you ship this directly to the buyer or did it go through a freight forwarder or the EIS program? Can you provide the item number for the unit you sold?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This is the item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394834573127?itmmeta=01HPRX1S1N6E6DQ87BXG904F36&hash=item5bedf97747:g:7MoAA...

I shipped it using USPS Priority where Ebay filled out most of the label for me. USPS then passed it over to Poste Italiane afterwards when it reached Italy.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Italy is one of those countries that should not even be a part of the platform. Nothing but trouble.

Their customs takes way longer than the estimated delivery time, many "buyers" have clued in on this as a way to get free items. Another problem is that their postal tracking updates retroactively.

Had  a case not too long ago where a buyer opened a "INR" case against me where the tracking info updated several weeks later and it turned out that the guy opened the "INR" as soon as he had the merchandise in his hands.

I sent a few angry emails to ebay and eventually got a refund, but all in all it is not worth the headache.

Just block Italy.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply