cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW TO EBAY - OLD LAYER SELLER

Hello, my fellow sellers, I would like to know if one can list under an existing one on eBay?

For instance, if Mr A and I have the same item, sold as new with a detailed description, can I list my item under Mr A or do I have to create my new item ?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You would have to list the item under your own ID.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You would have to list the item under your own ID.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hello @powell-memorabilia , one more thing, can I use pictures from the internet to list my products or is it must that it will be a camera-taken image?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yes, you can use “stock” photos.  But also helpful to include some of your own.  People like to see what you have in hand.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

You not only have to create your own new item, but you have to create your own new selling identity/account.

I have a hunch you really need to do a lot more reading about selling on eBay .     

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hello Mate,

We already have an Ebay Selling Account and an Ebay Store, but we have not sold on Ebay before. We have been selling on Amazon for 8 years and decided to add something new. Yeah, I'm reading a lot of Ebay policies right now, if nothing has thought me a lesson with my experience on Amazon, is that some mistake might not get you a second chance, so I'm reading up every policy and any article I can get my hands on, and also watch videos about the do's and don't's of eBay Selling Community

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don't understand why you would pay for a store with no listings.  I would do some more reading.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

We already have inventories to list, we just want to read and know a lot about eBay policies, and we will start listing our inventories 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@destools 

If I were you, I would not use stock photos... many buyers (including me) shy away from those sort of listings. Screams drop shipper.

Take your own pictures.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

If you are new to Ebay selling, I would have suggested skipping the store for awhile and just use the 250 FREE listings they give every account. This builds up your feedback at no cost which will allow you to sell more. Ebay will hold you back on a new account in several ways, one being they will likely hold your $ for 30 days so be prepared. I always tell new sellers to list tons of cheap items first to build the account up.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the advice, most of the items we have are always in hundreds of dollars, nothing less than $200

Message 11 of 11
latest reply