cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Quantity Sale On Variation

How can I set a minimum order quantity on buy it now order in a variation. If I do not want to sell a single item but would like to sell 4 or more items in a variation, what can I do?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm guessing you want them to be able to select which 4 of your items they get. There isn't a good way to do this. The way I have done it in the past is to sell 4 items in each listing of the multi-variation listing and then in the description of the item let people know to message me if they want more than 4 items or different 4 items, and I will make a special listing for the items they prefer.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

If it's a minimum of 4 for each variation, just make the listing a min of 4.

May be misunderstanding.........

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Just a reminder,  the least complicated your listing is, the less likely you will have any problems with confusion that may arise for your buyers.

Best of luck with u our future sales!

Grandma 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

You can't set a minimum quantity of 4. 

The only way to do that would be to sell them in a set of 4.

There is no way to set up the listing so that a customer must buy 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or  9 but can't buy 1, 2 or 3. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

you can add number of qtys you have when you creating your listings.Then buyers can buy qtys they want.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

You would be making it way too confusing for buyers. Just make a listing with 4 items available for sale showing the four items in the picture. The buyer can then purchase as many lots of 4 they want... i.e., a total of 4, 8, 12, 16 etc.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

This is what I am looking for. My variation has more than 60 items. At present they choose from 1 to as many as they want. What I am looking for is for the buyers should start from a minimum of 4. Making a set of 4 is a non starter. I wonder if what I am looking for is possible.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

No, it is not possible to offer a multitude of items but set a minimum quantity purchase of 4 of those items.  As @inhawaii  stated above: "There is no way to set up the listing so that a customer must buy 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or  9 but can't buy 1, 2 or 3. "

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Please let me know if there is a policy of minimun 5 quantity order per customer.Thnakyou

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi friend, 

It’s 2024 now, but wondering if you ever found a workaround to this? I am gleaning that most on this thread who replied to you didn’t take the time to understand what you actually were asking, but I have the exact same question and am trying to set up a listing like this so I’m not stuck shipping out $0.50 cards one at a time (and thereby not profiting at all because of the cost of shipping materials). 

Thanks! 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

No, it is not possible and likely never will be.  That's not the way eBay is set up to operate.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply