cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 30 Buyers paying up to $100 more on stockx for same sneaker I am selling on Ebay for less?

Why would the last 30 stockx buyers pay 30 times, up to $100 more for the exact same sneaker I have with pictures they can see on ebay?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Last 30 Buyers paying up to $100 more on stockx for same sneaker I am selling on Ebay for less?

Hi,  

I have/had two lighters.  Both of them flip-top, same brand, same year. Both advertising.  The only difference was the advertising.  One was/is in almost new condition. The other one had scars.  After having a chat here on the board about raising prices to sell. I decided to try it.  The lighter with scars I list at 19.99. The one that is almost perfect I listed at 9.99.  The 19.99 one did not last a week.  The 9.99 one is about to get pulled and put in a junk box.  This is a one-time example. I don't normally have the same stuff to try it with. But in this one instance it worked.  

Just my two cents.

Penny

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Re: Last 30 Buyers paying up to $100 more on stockx for same sneaker I am selling on Ebay for less?

That is a very keen observation on here. Many may think you offer an inferior product based on your price so they go for the more expensive. I regularly do that myself trusting in that factor at times. It’s the “you get what your pay for mentality”, this to be used to possibly increase sales. Also, you do not want your items sitting in a cluster way below other similar items in the search. They should be grouped in a way that they all are in a similar slot in the search. I have been hesitant to increase prices across the board on this because of the economy right now but my recent up the price sale just proved me wrong.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Why dont you sell on stoxx some items sell better on some platforms.

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

One potential reason is there are literally thousands of potential buyers who have heard of or done business with Stockx in the past. Those same thousands of buyers have never heard of rsport119. In one of my main categories I sell in there are 3 sellers who ALWAYS sell things for at least 5x more than anyone else.

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

It sounds like you fell into the same trap many sellers on Ebay do. Checking other sites and books values of items will never work on Ebay. Go to SOLD items here on Ebay because that is the site you are using. Out of the last 90 pairs sold 85 have sold for LESS than YOUR asking price.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

I have never used Stockx to sell as their customer service is unacceptable to me.  My wife and I do use stockx, and other shoe sites to help price shoes in real time to give buyers a fair market rate when possible, if not better sometimes.  30 sales with a shoe going for more than we have priced has some bearing on what a pair of shoes should sell for.  I know stock x has aprox 50% business that in not in the US, but certainly more folks can open an ebay account to saver $40-$100.    These folks on stock x could be laundering money for all I know, so I was asking for advice.  

Their customer service can't be much worse than the eBay customer support center these days. If it's not a viable platform you may want to try looking for others. I moved away from eBay as my sole selling venue long ago and now only sell less than 20% of my items on eBay. 

Some people will just NOT shop on eBay or open an account for any number of reasons. As a seller I tend to look for those venues where the shoppers buy. Shopx's having a large percentage of non-US business may have something to do with the fact that they are an India based company. 

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Why do people buy an item here that is being dropshipped from Amazon and paying almost twice sometimes, when they can just go to Amazon and get it a lot cheaper?

They might like Stockx better then Ebay.

They might not shop around to find the best deals.

It sounds better to their friends when they say they bought them at Stockx.

Have a great day.
Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Shoe size usually has a good amount to deal with what a shoe sells for.  I see many shoes sell with many more flaws than other as well.  Size 7.5 is a more valuable shoe on a bape adidas. I checked terapeak and only saw 5 of these shoes selling, none in this size and I have already sold one for almost this exact amount.

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Sorry I replied twice one with terapeak for ebay and as I have stated the last 30 on stockX did sell for more than mine and could give screenshots if you want to check it.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

I never saw the words "final sale and cannot be returned" before. Is this something new?

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

I once tried another reliable platform, and ebay sold two of my shoes while the listing was just sitting on the other platform.  I believe StockX makes you use twitter for faster customer service, sorry that just does not work for me. Thank you though.  I am a smaller shoe seller with my wife and ebay usually is the best ticket for us.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

From my knowledge StockX is way more reliable than eBay when it comes to selling sneakers. It depends what type of sneakers you're selling, but don't you have to send the sneakers to StockX, they authenticate and  clean the item, then send it to the buyer? 

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

I never saw the words "final sale and cannot be returned" before. Is this something new?

That might be the reason the eBay sneakers are not selling.

Buyers do not like No Returns policies.

EBay allows them, but remember you can have a No Returns policy, but you cannot have a No Refunds policy.

Also 7.5 is a fairly small man's shoe. Smaller number of potentialbuyers.

There is no problem with an eBay seller having not only multiple IDs here, but multiple accounts on other sites, including AZ and specialized sneakerhead sites.

Folks paying much more than listed price
The buyer doesn't care. He is shopping in your store, not there.
We may cancel purchase on some new E bay accounts
"This isn't selling, let's reduce the number of potential customers!"

Telling the customer that you will be using Signature Confirmation is a Good Idea, though. Tells potential scammers that you weren't born on a turnip truck, and honest buyers that you care about "their" security.

I agree that you should raise the price. Consider using Best Offer with your current price as the lowest acceptable parameter and the sportx price as the acceptable offer.  eBay buyers love to get a 'bargain' and sometimes you have to tell them it is a bargain.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

We may cancel purchase on some new E bay accounts. Yes this is a bit negative, but there are a few folks that try to take advantage of Ebay and when ebay loses, the cost will eventually come back to all of us.

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

I once tried another reliable platform, and ebay sold two of my shoes while the listing was just sitting on the other platform.  I believe StockX makes you use twitter for faster customer service, sorry that just does not work for me. Thank you though.  I am a smaller shoe seller with my wife and ebay usually is the best ticket for us.

Quite understandable. Personally shoes and clothing are a couple of the items I would never buy online. I prefer to go to a B&M store in my local area of which there are hundreds within a few miles, and try the items on for size and comfort. I fully understand that not every consumer has that luxury and some consumers can be in VERY remote locations. 

Message 30 of 37
latest reply