cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR cases and Negative feedback

Silly situation...

A buyer can leave negative feedback for INR.  A seller can have that negative feedback removed if tracking is uploaded AND it shows delivery.

A buyer can open an INR case even though tracking shows the item was delivered.

If a buyer leaves both negative feedback AND opens an INR case you CANNOT immediately have the feedback removed.  You have to wait days for the case to close in your favor...if tracking shows delivery you will always win the INR case.

It makes no sense that...

1)  A buyer can open an INR case when tracking that ebay has shows delivery.

2) Your customers have to look at a negative feedback for several days that is in violation of Ebay's policies and will be eventually removed.

As a seller you have to spend your time responding to the opened case and then jump through hoops trying to contact customer service to have the feedback removed when the case is finally closed.

I have been a seller for over 21 years.  Ebay makes it difficult enough to contact an agent; I know a new seller would have problems dealing with this.  It is hard enough for an experienced ebayer.

A change should be made so INR cases cannot be opened if Ebay has proof of delivery.

The Request to Remove Feedback(sent to customer support) page shouldn't be so difficult to find.  There is a Request to Remove Feedback(sent to the customer) button for every Negative or Neutral a seller receives.  There should be a similar button to link to the following for feedback that violates Ebay's policies... 

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/feedback

Don't believe me about how difficult it is to find the above link?  Take a few seconds to try to find it yourself on google and then on Ebay's help search.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@sticker*pimp wrote:

A change should be made so INR cases cannot be opened if Ebay has proof of delivery.

Why, just because tracking shows it was delivered, doesn't mean the buyer received it.

Have you not seen how many post there are about the fake tracking scam?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

And how does the fake tracking scam work when tracking is purchased through Ebay?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@sticker*pimp wrote:

It makes no sense that...

1)  A buyer can open an INR case when tracking that ebay has shows delivery.

A while back eBay did make a big show of saying that if tracking shows delivery a buyer would not be allowed to open an INR case. But like many pro seller "rules" this just faded away.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Wow, I don't remember that.  I personally would love that to come back, but I do understand it would upset buyers who truly didn't receive their package, even if it may be their fault for not providing a secure location, not to mention the fake tracking number scams perpetrated sometimes by sellers.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I remember that too.  If you use buy shipping on Ebay, tracking is automatically uploaded.  Ebay would know that you shipped to the address on the buyer's account and that tracking shows delivery.

Now sellers can still scam a buyer by sending a different item but that is not really an INR(and not what this post is about), the buyer would have to open an item not as described case instead.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@sticker*pimp wrote:

And how does the fake tracking scam work when tracking is purchased through Ebay?

They edit the shipping labels and change the address, but keep the tracking number, so it will show delivered.

Some just use tracking numbers they find going to the same town.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Because Ebay's system is automated, every INR case that shows tracked delivery will be closed in the seller's favor.  The buyer will have to contact Ebay anyway to resolve the problem.  Why make this a problem for the seller?

You buy shipping on Ebay.  It is sent to the buyer's address listed on their account and tracking shows delivery.  That should be a case that is automatically closed.  

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

You do know you can alter eBay labels changing the address field.

The carrier goes by the address not the tracking. Once they get it where the printed address is they scan it and it shows delivery.

I don't know why you keep thinking just because it's an eBay label that it's actually going to the address.

And you are right if the automated system hits it then it's auto close in seller favor.

But if you ask ebay to step in with real support and supply them with a statement from the carrier that the label has been altered it will not be auto seller wins.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

That would be shipping not purchased on Ebay.  Because Ebay doesn't have immediate access to the shipping details, that would be a case that wouldn't immediately be closed in the favor of the seller but guess what?  It will be closed in the seller's favor eventually and the buyer would have to dispute it resulting in an angry Ebay customer.  It's bad enough that they lose the case after waiting for the case to close.  Now they have to collect evidence and dispute the case.

INR cases where there is tracking showing item delivered always end up with an angry ebay customer.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Of course I know that you can change the address on ebay buy shipping but I also know that Ebay has access to the address on the customer's account and also on the shipping label you purchased from them.  My point I guess would be if they match, the INR case shouldn't be opened or if opened, immediately closed in the seller's favor.

Once the case is closed, the seller can then have the negative feedback removed without waiting a week.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@sticker*pimp wrote:

That would be shipping not purchased on Ebay.  Because Ebay doesn't have immediate access to the shipping details, that would be a case that wouldn't immediately be closed in the favor of the seller but guess what?  It will be closed in the seller's favor eventually and the buyer would have to dispute it resulting in an angry Ebay customer.  It's bad enough that they lose the case after waiting for the case to close.  Now they have to collect evidence and dispute the case.

INR cases where there is tracking showing item delivered always end up with an angry ebay customer.

It doesn't matter where you buy the labels, a scammer can change the addresses.

I can buy a shipping label, download it to my PC and have the ship to address changed in a couple minutes.

You're saying a buyer shouldn't be able to open an INR just because tracking shows it was delivered?

What if the address was changed and they didn't get, shouldn't they be able to do something?

Have a great day
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

They don't change the address on Ebay, they know they would loose seller protection.

They download the label, then change the label.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

No I mean you buy a label to the correct address on eBay and then open it in a PDF editor and change the address.

This requires a statement from the USPS. They have to check the history see the address on the tracking and printed address on the label. If it's altered then they will give you a statement saying the label is altered.

It's a common scam. People do it with eBay return labels and such.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply